What's so great about living in East Dulwich?

Asset "I'd rather have the local boutiques and food emporiums".

Hm.

Local 'boutiques' like Davina Shoes, ED (Eeeekkk...plastic tat) and White Stuff, not to mention Mrs Robinson!

Food Emporiums???? Where have they been hiding? Oh, you must mean the health shop with the sullen looking, snarling:( Asian chap with ever changing "trendy" hair do's. And I must not forget the ED Deli....

Come on Spangles - what about SMBS - they've been there for years and have offered ED a choice that very few places had then and have even now. The Cheese Block (same people) was an absolute godsend and ED Deli is not too bad.

To be honest, seeing the attitude of people in the whistling man / Whateley Road threads, I am thinking thast East Dulwich isn't such a nice place anymore frankly. For my part I am finding I want to visit the area less and less.

It's the people that make an area, not the shops.

I'm really surprised anyone could find the staff in SMBS "sullen" or "snarling".

I've never had anything but polite, friendly and sometimes witty service there.

And as someone has already pointed out it's been around for years, long before organic got trendy.

I really don't think I understand the point of this thread, it seems like negativity for negativity's sake.

Keef, I was really upset by the Whateley Road thread too, but don't lose hope, I'd like to think that thread doesn't represent the whole community.