Anyone up for a folk singaround?

Sue

I wasn't going to post this till we'd found somewhere suitable to have one (have an idea but haven't asked!), but hey, all a bit chicken and egg if nobody would be interested anyway, so .....

The Goose evenings have been going great, every one a sellout so far, but Nyge and I would really love to do something (as well as, not instead of) where people can come and sing rather than sit and watch others sing.

Not open mic singer songwriter stuff, there's already places in ED for that, we're thinking more unaccompanied traditional stuff. Bit of a niche thing maybe, but hey, there must be more people than us who'd be up for happy time in a pub having a singaround over a pint or two :) Maybe once a month?

And/or (not the same night) a folk session with instruments? (Memo to self, must dust off my melodeon and get to grips with the John Kirkpatrick DVD tutor :)) )

If you're interested - and/or if you can suggest a suitable venue - please could you PM me?

:)-D

BIG follower of Old Time.

Was round Doc Watson's house in August as part of my pilgrimage to the players in North Carolina / East Tennessee.

Karenin - if you can play old-time banjo I reckon I can play some guitar alongside, I follow old-time and mountain music mainly.

As I say, there are already open mic evenings in ED.

We were specifically looking for people interested in a traditional folk singaround :-$

If your nanny is into this then great, tell her to get in touch, but just because she can sing and does open mic doesn't mean she will be into stuff like "Jolly Wagoner" and "Banks of the Sweet Primroses" :)):)):))