Locale shut?

Peckhamrye Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The new Beer and BBQ restaurant Flying Pig are

> moving in.

Have to say I reckon you're 'oinking' in the direction of the wrong trough with this, Peckhamrye.

Having researched it extensively I can't for the life of me see why the Flying Pig would think it would thrive in ED. It's got a fine secret BBQ recipe and a good perky outlook porkwise, but I just don't reckon it'll fit in hereabouts.

I've checked its policy regarding children and it's roughly (very) "sub-10s or thereabouts permitted, under sufferance and a strict Elbow endorsed 'Seldom Seen Kid' and an even stricter John Cage '4 minutes 33 seconds' - EXTENDED REMIX ALL NITE 'N' DAY LONG tune-based policy towards the young 'uns.

Just don't see 'em thriving in SE22.

The quality of the food was so hit-and-miss at Locale... the first time I went there I had one of the best meals I've ever eaten round these parts. The second time I ordered the same starter and got a plate of unappetizing stodge.

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> The food at Locale.. I never had slop, but I never

> had anything that made me want to go back there

>

That's a Meh! X 2 then.

But StraferJ, the 'nevers' in your capsule review indicate you may indeed have tried a repeat visit.

Come on, 'fess up was the not-slop improved on subsequent visits?

Yep had a varied experience of Locale. Great value if you bring the kids along. Also once had a great steak there, but have also had very average food there. Sometimes restuarants just come to the end of their natural life and it is time for them to move on and make space for something new. It will happen to us all

went there for dinner one night.

had oven chips for ?3 (very small bowl at that)

both myself and my friend asked for a lasagna each, we received one - which looked like a microwaveable ready meal - 10 minutes went by waitress asked if we was ok, said we was waiting for 2nd lasagna, she didn't realize we wanted TWO.

2nd one was out within 5 minutes (deffo microwave?)

good riddance.