New Music Teacher in East Dulwich

flatfifth

Hey all,

My name is Chase Matthews and I recently moved to East Dulwich from the states. I'm offering music lessons out of my home near The Bishop. I can also work out in home lessons anywhere nearby if that is your preference. I teach music theory, composition, and guitar. I personally lean towards Jazz and Fusion as a musician myself but can teach competently in multiple genres (and have performed in funk, blues, rock and other styles). My lesson plans are personalized to the students goals, but always focus on development of a unique musical identity and creative implementation of musical ideas. The whole point of musicianship is artistic self-expression, and that is something I believe can be developed from day one.

I enjoy working with all levels and have a knack for helping musicians who feel as though they are in a rut find creative ways break them out of it.

I always offer a free hour long consultation/lesson for new students, it gives me a chance to figure out their musical tastes and goals. For younger students, I work with their parents to discern the best strategies for their children to ensure music will be a source of lifelong joy and not just an obligation they must fulfill.

If you're interested, please reach out to me at [email protected] with any questions you may have.

Also, feel free to browse my website www.sonalith.com to learn more about my services and to hear samples of my playing.

My availability is open right now, and I'm happy to offer lessons on weekends and during the evening. Thanks for your time,

-Chase

Archived