No hot water or heating

Pugwash

Taps running well this morning to cover shower with hot water. Put on heating to see if that was affected when we could not get hot water.

Hubby cannot find instruction booklet for the Valiant boiler to show boiler pressure.!

Cannot get hold of our usual heating contractor- have been trying all week to book a maintenance visit.

Not being funny, but if you Google the manual, make sure you spell it correctly - it's Vaillant! 

Also, a boiler maintenance person might be willing to tell you over the phone how to adjust the pressure, especially if you have used him/her  before.

It's usually quite simple provided he also tells you what the pressure should be!

I can recommend Tommy Rooney

https://www.trooneyheating.co.uk/about

Edited by Sue
Adding information

If it is a combi there is a 'filling loop' essentially attached to your mains water to repressurise your system.  Off the top of my head it is about two bar, which in old money is about half the pressure in car tyres.  You would either turn a tap or a slotted valve to repressurise, drop in pressure is fairly common, but turn it off at the end or else your boiler will be over pressured!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy  www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhTRIf5ueMo

(It's Which? so trustworthy)

That's £60 to me for your call out  😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, malumbu said:

If it is a combi there is a 'filling loop' essentially attached to your mains water to repressurise your system.  Off the top of my head it is about two bar, which in old money is about half the pressure in car tyres.  You would either turn a tap or a slotted valve to repressurise, drop in pressure is fairly common, but turn it off at the end or else your boiler will be over pressured!

Easy peasy lemon squeezy  www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhTRIf5ueMo

(It's Which? so trustworthy)

That's £60 to me for your call out  😉

😀