Chipotle East Dulwich now open

I very much suspect they are here for the delivery market, hence the huge kitchen. Not sure that they should be leaving their five green bins leaning against their shopfront, hardly entices you in!

It's a shame to see another soulless chain moving in, its all getting a bit Little Islington now.

• Like 1

Why were people queuing round the block on Wednesday??

The pavement and entrances to other shops were totally blocked I had to walk in the road outside the parked cars..

not ideal as I'm on crutches at the moment and I feel it was pretty disrespectful to the other businesses (The wonderful vitamin and health food shop and Mary's charity shop) blocking customers from coming and going.

• Administrator changed the title to Chipotle East Dulwich now open
1 hour ago, Rockets said:

It's a shame to see another soulless chain moving in, its all getting a bit Little Islington now.

Its market economics, rents up, footfall down (cost of living) so chains are one of the few who can open up, possibly at a loss, able to ride the storm and looking towards the future when economics are more in their favour. 

As much as I love the independence of ED, its bloody tough on small businesses. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered burito and tacos for takeaway. Got home in 3 mins as living next door. I am feeling very disappointed with the quality of food, stone cold and soggy. Definitely will not be returning. Go for empanadas next door, much cheaper and scrumptious. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Peckhampam said:

Just had lunch there.  Awful, cold and claggy as in post above, more or less covers it.

😭😭😭

Did you complain/feed back your thoughts to them?

Edited by Sue
Adding text

Got talking to a few of the builders while they were refurbishing.they came down from Leeds. They all said the same thing.if the business doesn't make money in the first year .they will close down.rip every thing out move on . They said we are now off to Sheffield. For the next one.looking forward to the shorter journey time.so we can all spend more time with the wife😉

Edited by teddyboy23

• 3 weeks later...

I've always thought of Chipotle as the sort of place you pick up some grub when dashing from the pub to a gig so it seems a bit out of place on the Lane. I'm not averse to a burrito though, as long as the ingredients are pretty fresh and not the dregs that have been out keeping warm all day.

First time I heard of Chipotle was this (not for the easily offended / grossed out): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHsR65IRW_8

Edited by ed26