Black Cherry - What's happened to it?

Jah/ Brenda, ordinarily I would have asked your fine pizza and pumpum loving self, but what with Brendan offering an "completely credible explanation" for anything, I thought he be best to ask.

Having said that ratty has clarified pumpum beautifully....

Ok back on topic. The Black Cherry and the other bars on the lower part of Lordship Lane are doing good business at the moment especially as they are attracting crowds from outside of the local area.

This may or may not be because ED locals find it very difficult to take anything seriously and are too busy playing silly nonsensical games and/or cramming themselves into the Gowlett in the hope of seeing the muff.

The Black Cherry is one of my favourite bars in East Dulwich - BUT only on week nights! Friday and Saturday nights tend to be rather - erm - lively (?!) for me! During the week when it isn't rammed with "out of towners" it's a great place to sit and sup a cocktail or few.......

In it's defence though I did have a gathering there last Friday night and the staff were all lovley and the drinks great as always.. even making 'off-menu' cocktails.... however we did all leave there by 9.30pm when it was starting to fill up!

Slightly off topic - New York calls the non-Manhattan folk that "invade" their city the 'Bridge & Tunnel crowd' - I wonder what we should call the Non-ED residents that hit LL on the weekends...? ;-)

Blow-ins dahling, blow-ins. That's what they are. Now then now then, whoops I've gone all Jimmy Saville on ya. Black Cherry's great, nowt wrong with it and it is still one of my favourite bars on Lordship Lane but it does get packed with the blow-ins from out of town at the weekend.