Seasonal vaccinations

Penguin68

It was only announced at the end of last week that Covid vaccinations have been brought forward. The timetable is those in care homes and those who are immuno compromised will be contacted from this week and those over 65 from next week on though I guess they'll be working down the age range again. 

I know someone who has had their flu jab at The Gardens and I've arranged to have mine at Day Lewis. 

Edited by Jenijenjen

I think it will be the same as the spring booster -  you will receive a text to make an appointment  -  after a few checks, it will then ask you to enter your postcode and you will be presented with choices to make an appointment with a nearby pharmacy or hospital from a list...

And true re: - above -- prioritisation - so I guess be patient - you'll eventually be contacted....

• Like 1

It is a shame that, considering this is seasonal vaccination time my own surgery does not feel able to share any information on this - I had, by last year, already been called and and had received my flu vaccination, if memory serves. And they were flagging that they wouldn't be doing Covid but others would. They really do seem hopeless.

As my GP is still silent on the matter (I belong to the only Trappist GP Practice in SE London) I am booked into my local Pharmacy. 

I've just discovered that those eligible for the normal round of covid vaccinations (i.e. those over 65) will have NHS invitations rolled out from 18th September). 

Edited by Penguin68

It's now possible for over 65s to book for a covid booster on the nhs website. Seems though the nearest place offering the service is in Tulse Hill. I might wait a bit to see if more places are added

PS FHRGP didn't invite me for a flu jab until 20 Sept last year 

Edited by Jenijenjen

When using the Find a Walk-in COVID vaccination point, don’t use the Age Range filter as it seems to send you far away. The Medicos Pharmacy next to the Jenner Health Centre on Stanstead Rd. and the chemist in Croxley Rd., West Dulwich are both offering boosters. Otherwise, yes, there seem to be plenty in New Cross/Lewisham area and Brixton/Tulse Hill/ Norwood but a bit sparse around Dulwich. 

And yes, I had my COVID booster on Monday morning by walking into the Medicos Pharmacy. No queue and fast, friendly and efficient. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure I had last year's Covid jab at The Gardens (asked for and was given it at the same time as my flu jab).

I'm absolutely sure I've never had one anywhere else, and I was hoping to have one at the same time as a forthcoming face to face appointment for something else 

But the receptionist insists they have "never done Covid jabs".

Has anyone else ever had one at this surgery, or is my memory even worse than  I thought?!

On 11/09/2023 at 16:53, Penguin68 said:

I note (a) these are in the news and that (b) there are no notices in FHRGP about them, indeed searching on key words flu and Covid is a pointless exercise. Are any other local surgeries offering these (I'm over 70 and do qualify)? 

For Covid can book on lime at www.nhs.uk/book-covid

for flue nhs website look for nearest pharmacy

big double fronted chemist on munhead lane does flue by appt.

you need your nhs number

I was booked in to TJC by DMC tor a Covid jab today (Sat.) but on arrival was told TJC was not offering this service today and that it was only the Lister Centre doing C jabs. Two other people (one elderly) were in the same boat. I have an email address of the head of the service so will complain. Anyone else experienced this cockup?