Royal Mail Late Deliveries and the price we have to pay

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Thanks  for the reminder nellie. Have today received two letters dated February 2024. Heading down to Highshore Road tomorrow to see if there's anything for us.

I'm getting obsessive about missing/late arriving bills since having our phone and broadband cut off when we hadn't received (so hadn't paid) a bill from BT that had been posted to us. I now keep a note in my diary of when the various utility bills are expected, and phoning them when I think something is due, invariably they say the bill has been sent out. It shouldn't be so hard.

Edited by another annie
adding info

Whilst Another Annie could even pay all bills by direct debit, the point is that it shouldn't be that hard to get post delivered and what other important documentation is going missing ? 

Off topic but I don't want to start another thread.

I just had a Royal Mail delivery of a parcel.

The postman ignored a large sign on the door asking people to ring the bell, and just rattled the letterbox, which luckily I heard.

When I opened the door, I found the parcel on my doorstep in full view of passers by, and the postman getting into his van a few houses down.

I then received an email informing me that my parcel had been delivered to my "safe place", an "enclosed porch".

I don't have a safe place, and my porch is not enclosed, it is basically a doorstep to a terraced house .

I know posties have a lot to do, but I find things like this really annoying.

Just had through the door a letter from King's offering me  an appointment last Friday.

Lucky we have phones, emails and texts, isn't it? The appointment was originally made by phone.

The letter was dated 6 June, the envelope is stamped 11 June,  the appointment was on 14 June, and today is 17 June.

🙄

1 hour ago, malumbu said:

Ideally NHS should let us opt out of hard copy.  In deed, I get texts and have the NHS app.  And always good to have a calender in your kitchen to write out down too.

I do all that, I wasn't expecting a hard copy as well, I'm just annoyed at the delay.

And I'm concerned in case my postal vote is equally delayed. I can't remember why I have one, unless I applied during the Covid era.

Not had post for a couple of weeks now and getting a bit worried our postal vote won’t arrive in time. What is the recourse for this? Feels very wrong that the poor state of the postal system might prevent us from voting!

2 hours ago, lbanks said:

Not had post for a couple of weeks now and getting a bit worried our postal vote won’t arrive in time. What is the recourse for this? Feels very wrong that the poor state of the postal system might prevent us from voting!

I got my postal vote in good time and posted it back on Friday.

There is a number you can phone if it hasn't arrived. I don't think I  still have it, but I'm sure someone on here will and can post it on here!