High pollution alert - Southwark

bels123

I'd also assume that pollution is worsened when the weather is hotter and there is less breeze blowing about... Humid high temps definitely make it feel more difficult to breathe and the latest London bus design remains as rubbish as ever, with hardly any air circulating from the tiny windows. You'd think someone would have addressed by now - another great innovation in Boris the mayor's time.

• Like 1

How can one be sure that particulates/tyre particles don’t mostly/somewhat/always/never come from miles or even many miles away? My point is that if the main culprit is not mostly vehicles inside ULEZ then what  would be a valid reason for its introduction in said zone? Is it accurate to say X people die because Y number of vehicles are driven in Z zone? 

4 hours ago, Jellybeanz said:

I'd also assume that pollution is worsened when the weather is hotter and there is less breeze blowing about... Humid high temps definitely make it feel more difficult to breathe and the latest London bus design remains as rubbish as ever, with hardly any air circulating from the tiny windows. You'd think someone would have addressed by now - another great innovation in Boris the mayor's time.

The Boris buses were taken in to have sliding windows installed after complaints when they’d just been rolled out. It didn’t work as well as it could have. A big opening at the front of both decks would help push air through. Same problem on other models - no opening windows for a good portion of the front of top and bottom decjs.  

9 hours ago, Jellybeanz said:

We need the old fashioned wind down windows that were on the original routemasters.

They let air flow freely through the bus and no design since has matched them. 

Screenshot_20230908_193746_Chrome2.jpg.63798a5f6786c417012fb38dfe6e3991.jpg

Best of all kids could pretend they were steering the bus using them 🤣

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nigello said:

How can one be sure that particulates/tyre particles don’t mostly/somewhat/always/never come from miles or even many miles away? My point is that if the main culprit is not mostly vehicles inside ULEZ...

Is this some sort of nonsense where you pretend that someone told you ULEZ compliant vehicles don't pollute and now you're shocked to learn that exhaust fumes are bad for your health?