Barry road will be closed further UPDATE important

tedfudge

It's now 8.30 and Barry road still open and traffic and buses still driving up and down the road no sign of Conway road maintenance people at all , really angry about this as people have moved their vehicles from outside their houses as there are removal notices on every tree and lamppost but nothing happening , we have parked our cars in other streets taking other residents parking spaces etc aswell really unhappy with conway

5 minutes ago, tedfudge said:

It's now 8.30 and Barry road still open and traffic and buses still driving up and down the road no sign of Conway road maintenance people at all , really angry about this as people have moved their vehicles from outside their houses as there are removal notices on every tree and lamppost but nothing happening , we have parked our cars in other streets taking other residents parking spaces etc aswell really unhappy with conway

I think the problem is that if they had gone ahead, whilst LL is closed, the chaos and disruption to buses would have been massive.

Sounds like what Conway failed to do was to amend or remove the no parking signs.

I have just phoned Conway and they said the works are planned to go ahead today along Barry road , I explained to the lady about LL she said she will contact a supervisor and get back to me to let me know asap 

I will update as soon as I hear back ( if they bother calling me back )

• tedfudge changed the title to Barry road will be closed UPDATE

Traffic still driving along Barry road 

I have just spoke to Conway 

And they said because of Thames water works on lordship lane they have postponed starting works today and they are waiting to hear back from southwark council as soon as they hear back from them they will call me as works may still start tomorrow , will update any further information that I receive

Edited by tedfudge
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• tedfudge changed the title to Barry road will be closed further UPDATE important

I have just spoke to Conway 

And they said because of Thames water works on lordship lane they have postponed starting works today and they are waiting to hear back from southwark council as soon as they hear back from them they will call me as works may still start tomorrow , will update any further information that I receive

I have just received a phone call at 4.40pm with an update from Conway 

The planned road closure for Barry road has been delayed as works by Thames water on lordship lane are still being done , southwark council will be letter dropping residents of Barry road to explain the delay , I asked the lady when the road will be closed for resurfacing and she said she does not know that's between southwark council and Thames water but probably not until next week at the earliest .. 

• Like 1