Any signs of World Vegetarian Week (19-25th May) in ED?

Hmm. Was asking if there were any signs of Vegetarian Week, eg in cafes or shops in SE22-ish?

(Don't know if "Bacon Sarnie" is really complete response to idea of combatting world hunger, but there you go).

If it gets any worse I shall have to consider posting quotes from Paul McCartney.

commondreams - 10 reason's to go veggie site - represents an ill informed, unbalanced and biased point of view. It's polemic propoganda and things are not nearly as simple as the site makes out.

That said, I regulary eat veggie and might doff my veggie cap to ganapati to mark the week

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Surely Paul McCartney himself is one very good

> reason not to go vegetarian?

I don't think there's any reliable study that shows an increased tendency to compose songs about frogs, or even don tartan or marry ladies who are too keen on having their photograph taken.

lozzyloz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What exactly happens during World Vegetarian Week

That's what I was hoping to find out. Hoped there might be somewhere, anywhere, local, that would make a bit of an imaginative effort re veggie food this week.

As there is a curry club, why not a veggie club, where forumistas use there clout and book restaurants that will cook veggie's for a night and then we shall know which is potentially the most imaginative veggie restaurant for further use.

That?s a good idea SteveT. We could have a vegetarian themed curry club this month (I hope I will eventually make it again)

I?m not a vegetarian myself* but I do play one on tv.

*I tried once but they said I had to give up black pudding and sausages no matter how I remonstrated about neither of them actually being meat.