I am boycotting Londis in ED rd

THE Freedom pass is available to those of pensionable age ( state pension) and has a photo and my name

They have had a parcel sent from Sweden via UPS for me for two weeks, and have not accepted my freedom pass as ID despite it being funded by government for the councils to administer and having my photo and my name on it.

I am boycotting them and was so furious with them when i first went to collect my parcel , that I told them they would have to send it back.

The tracking still shows that it is at Londis in ED rd . Now UPS have started an investigation, and the nice jacket that I bought in a sale is no longer available from the supplier - so i hope that  UPS does to find it at LONDIS!!

The annoying thing is that UPS said they would arrange for it to be delivered to 40 Lordship Lane, but they did not action this, probably because of brain fog induced by over exposure to mobile phones,  and so it is still at Londis, and I would not be surprised if the wife of the owner isn't wearing it some time.

I rang UPS to find out if they could action its collection and removal to 40 Lordship Lane , but since their investigation has now started, they can't do anything except investigate. It is due to be collected by tomorrow but I can't do anything . I spoke to another neighbour who has also been pissed off by the attitude of the older family members at Londis in ED rd

So 1. Don't ask for anything to be delivered to East Dulwich Rd Londis. If that is your closest drop off point,  do consider 40 Lordship Lane instead as they were not bothered by my freedom pass, but didn't have my item on their list of packages to be collected . That was the first time I realised that UPS had failed to action what they had promised and was a week ago when I went to 40 Lordship lane,  and they didn't have it.

2, Pay for it to be delivered to your home to save you from all the hassle I have had, including going to 40 Lordship Lane once, and to Londis 3 times, so  I am never going to buy anything from Londis again . BTW they have also boycotted ME!!,  but their smug owner's smile as he refused to give me my package the day it arrived two weeks ago, was more than I could tolerate. I was hopping mad!!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sue Klein said:

but they did not action this, probably because of brain fog induced by over exposure to mobile phones

It is widely accepted that over-exposure to mobile phones makes people forgetful, irritable, and confused.

Perhaps you should practice kindness as said brain fog is likely causing a lapse in their judgment in relation to your freedom pass. Perhaps your own over exposure to mobile phones is making you forgetful? The owner of that Londis has been dead for twenty years. It's a Gail's.

On 16/08/2023 at 19:31, malumbu said:

Rather a toxic original post.  We've all had annoying stuff, bureaucracy, jobs worth's etc but if there are strict rules and conditions on ID then tough.

Whilst I agree, some places do accept a Freedom Pass as ID, so it can be confusing.

But refusing to provide another form of ID when asked does seem  rather counter-productive in this case,  if it means you don't get your parcel 🙄

• Like 1