Jacks coffee and tea house, Pellat Road

Can anyone tell me more about this place oppo The Mag? I've never been in because there has always been some dodgy looks blokes hanging about outside everytime I've been round. But walked passed today and had a peep through the door and the guy was outside setting up the tables and chairs. Look really lovely in there! Any info on the place.....?

always been some dodgy looks blokes hanging about outside

Possibly me, I'm frequently loitering there!

Wot Sean said plus best cafe in ED IMO. Also sells a select range of eggs, fruit and veg and a few deli items. There's a tiny little courtyard out back, free wi-fi and papers, but opening times can be a little inconsistent (Possibly related to Chelsea's fortunes).

I always really want to like Jack's as I think it's a sweet little place but every time I've gone they've messed up my order somehow which makes me sad because when I get the food it's always good and in theory it's such a good place but in practice it's a pain to always be sorting out mistakes when I just want my breakfast and coffee

Wot Sean said plus best cafe in ED IMO. Also sells a select range of eggs, fruit and veg and a few deli items. There's a tiny little courtyard out back, free wi-fi and papers, but opening times can be a little inconsistent (Possibly related to Chelsea's fortunes......they were possibly the dodgy blokes I saw hanging about....fellow chelsea fans!

Thoroughly recommend Jack's, one of East Dulwich's hidden gems. Child friendly (room at the back)....Jesus it's not going to be the best kept secret now is it! now that you've gone and blown it's cover to the hoards of yummies in ED!!!!

I find that it is a quality cafe as they offer srambled eggs and smoked salmon, and other exotic dishes if they haven't sold out of what you want off the board.

Sometimes they are closed when you call but I do think it is up there with the best of them and adds quality to ED life.

Lovely food and vibe. All their coffee is fair trade and they're really friendly.

I'm in East Dulwich Writers' Group and we do meet up there for our regular coffee chats, though not weekly.

Now I want to know who Sandperson is and how you recognised that the dodgy lot huddled in the back room are part of EDWG ... (?)

standswithfist Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i can vouch for the food in there, Jack is a

> lovely bloke, he also made to order a delicious

> chocolate birthday cake too. their free range eggs

> are delicious.

Jack is James' son - James is a lovely bloke

food is great, service is slow but intensely pleasant - the only thing I hate is when people speak in really loud, I'm the only person in the room, voices in there. Because it's a sanctuary and quite small - sotto voices only please.

Louisa, true, it's not a greasy spoon full of builders, but you shouldn't knock it because of that. It's a good and honest cafe that offers an alternative to bacon, egg and chips and is run by somebody who really cares about his business. All sorts frequent the place. I recommend you try it. You might just enjoy it.

The polenta cake is the icing on jacks cake in my opinion, lovely people and James is a sweetheart, I must confess i do have a bit of a crush on him, but im confident that im not alone on this:-$ Lovely food and brilliant coffee.