Practical driving test

Since I can’t seem to book a test anywhere in London for the rest of this year, it got me thinking about the different venues. I think the nearest ones to me are Hither Green, West Wickham and Mitcham. 

in the event of maybe being able to book a test next year, does anyone have any wisdom to pass on about these test centres or any others? Any tricky sections of road that are best avoided? Do local instructor favour any particular centre? 

Hi I know how frustrating it is to get a test.  I'm local instructor my favourite test centres are Westwickham and Bromley. Also few others that are ok and fairly local. Hither Green Sidcup Mitcham. Another centre I use is Sevenoaks. Trying to get a test that's the problem at the moment. Go on DVSA sight first thing in morning Monday around 6 am best and just keep searching.  Good luck!  

Back when I passed my test (10~ years ago) I found a list of test centres and pass rates. I don't know if it was a result of a FOI request or something but at the time West Wickham had a higher pass rate of about 3% than anything else local. I passed first time. Good luck and remember safely is the most important thing! 

Oh gosh, that’s so crazy an amount of time to have to wait..do you mind my asking where you learnt to drive?

i think I’m wanting to do automatic lessons to try and make it a little more simple for me but am finding it hard to locate a place that has availability around my work schedule..any tips would be so kind!

thank you and good luck with the test track down🤞

becca

• 2 months later...

My granddaughter gave up on trying to book driving lessons. She had a few but at the time she was on shift work at Princess Royal Hospital so could do lessons during the weekday. She past her theory test but needs more lessons to take practical test but cannot find anyone who has space for lessons at the weekend as she now works Monday to Friday in Islington and living in Walthamstow.

I took my lest in the last century - failed in Norwood but passed in Hither Green. West Wickham is a good place to go - plenty of wide streets. Good Luck