Abandoned dog Dawson Heights

Please be careful walking through Dawson Heights near Donkey Alley. There is a dog there. Could be staffy. It just went for me. My son is calling the police 

Update. Son has moved dog to Dunstan's Rd and police are on their way.

Further update. Police now on scene. Dog went for them so they're calling in a special dog unit. My son suspects that this poor dog has been badly treated because it had marks on It's face. Also, it was exercising its jaws on a swing rope when my son found it so clearly trained to be aggressive .Not an expert on dog breads but it did have a big head. Might be a banned breed. 

Edited by Mabaker
Update
  • Haha 1

Poor thing. We were just about to go up there - I would have done sooner if I'd seen your message in time.

I'd have called the vet.

It MIGHT be a banned breed - however, ANY dog is likely to be very frightened if he's been abandoned - don't assume that it's a dangerous dog.

Staffy's are NOT dangerous.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Probably not a staffy so not meaning to malign the breed. I hope it gets the help it needs. I can still hear barking so suspect it's still there waiting with the police. Maybe someone who knows about dogs can identify the breed

Just been up and taken the dog water and food - he's much calmer now.

Such a beauty. Looks more like a boxer from a distance.

Some people are just awful - I can't imagine every abandoning a dog. 

The police there are very nice too, so hopefully it will all end well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you everyone for your posts and comments.  I did contact Battersea dogs home this morning and on my way police station for an update. Milo is not dangerous, he is friendly to women less than men.  Milo is a nervous dog 

IMG_3860.jpeg

IMG_3633.jpeg

• Like 1

Perhaps this thread could be used as a cautionary tale not to jump to conclusions....

'Abandoned dangerous dog, bred to be aggressive, badly treated, and potentially a banned breed' turns out to be  'lost dog, with an owner looking for it, which is just (understandably) scared'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It is easy to jump to conclusions….. we are all humans.  I’m not offended. I’m happy police was called, I would be in too many pieces knowing Milo was stolen and used for  breading. 
Milo and I are having worst few days since this year started.  Thank you all once again.  Milo lives in Havant with me, he was staying with friends for the week in Dulwich.  Not everyone is responsible with dogs. 

On 01/08/2023 at 23:31, Osmonette said:

It is easy to jump to conclusions….. we are all humans.  I’m not offended. I’m happy police was called, I would be in too many pieces knowing Milo was stolen and used for  breading. 
Milo and I are having worst few days since this year started.  Thank you all once again.  Milo lives in Havant with me, he was staying with friends for the week in Dulwich.  Not everyone is responsible with dogs. 

Unfortunately with bull breeds people are very judgemental, glad you’ve got him back nice and safe 🙂. You could tell he’s well looked after and in great shape.

• Like 1