Suspicious man on Overhill Road at night (Update - it was British Gas)

On recent nights a man wearing a hi-viz jacket and head lamp has been spotted  approaching several properties after midnight on Overhill Road and acting suspiciously. 

Our door camera shows him doing something around the area of our front door lock. He didn’t ring the bell or put anything through the letterbox, so hard to believe he was doing anything legitimate. 

update: Apparently could have been a British Gas worker investigating leak, although still seems a bit odd.

Edited by nellie
  • Haha 1

There are Thames Water people who are dressed exactly like that who make late night visits to ascertain whether leaks detected on their network are from your property - I think they visit when it is unlikely you will be using water. We had such a thing on our road. Of course, it could also be something entirely different -- perhaps next time look to see if there is a Thames Water truck associated with them on the street at the same time...

Edited by Otto2

1 hour ago, Happyme5 said:

Hey I don't care if this has been so called investigated

Agree. The fact that  SOMEONE matching this description is pukka doesn't mean ANYONE matching it is.

And do they carry photo id?

Edited by OutOfFocus
Typos

• Administrator changed the title to Suspicious man on Overhill Road at night (Update - it was British Gas)

Great stuff but we should all be grateful to our good neighbours looking out for and sharing any concerns.  That is what good neighbours do, And although we are happy to hear that this concern seems to be explained I would want to support anyone sharing any concerns. As it could make us all safer. 

Edited by Happyme5
Added