ED Nature Watch

As i left my house in the morning, it was there again. i actually got a better look at it. It wasn't a Red Admiral but something that looked like a Painted Lady http://http//1.bp.blogspot.com/_KKOjBo6EGMg/SdpgT80p-rI/AAAAAAAACSk/6qOHxRJ_3Cs/s320/painted-lady-butterfly.jpg i'm not 100% though.

Saw four carp in the lake today, all at least a foot long. Have these always been there? I have never seen them before and wonder how they survived the heron and the fish-poachers...

Still no sign of the Japanese garden bridge being fixed despite being told previously they were hoping to do it last month...

The foxes are getting as bold as brass.

Last month I reported one here that was almost challenging me on Court Lane.

Last week I saw a particularly fine example preening itself in the middle of my neighbour's back lawn in brilliant sunshine at 11 a.m. Like he owned the place.

They just don't care, do they?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No subjunctive, PGC? Neh heh heh.

It does seem to be a bumper crop year for conkers. I was in Ruskin Park recently, and they were just lying around waiting to be picked up and their shiny glow gloated over. I don't know what the kids in Camberwell are thinking!

Why Badger, no need to take umbrage, old fellow. What's a misplaced case between friends? I just thought it might be jolly to bite the biter - all as a joke, you know!

*a flash of brown fur, and Ratty disappears under the bridge in the Japanese Garden*

I expect the parakeets in our local parks would taste of leftover cheese sandwich and maize-based snacks. So you'd probably want something quite spicy to perk that up a bit.

Or else roast, and then serve as part of a cold collation with some pickles and sweet young lettuce.