Petrol Lawn Mower.

Did you leave the petrol in the tank over winter?

Try the following:-

1. Drain the petrol tank.

2. Replace with fresh petrol

3. Flush the carburettor.

4, Check the spark plug for spark, sooting etc

After that, If it still wont start, then get in touch

Do you have a large garden?  Petrol garden equipment is very annoying in an urban area, I expect usually this is gardening companies but nobody in my area has a large enough garden to need one.  Cordless will take over soon.

There's a place in Beckenham that services mowers.

My grassed area is about 250 square meters. It usually takes about fifty minutes to cut with the petrol mower.

I have checked on cordless mowers but most have a usable time of about twenty minutes before requiring charging of about ninety minutes. For a more powerful machine with two batteries, becomes very expensive £350.00 or more. The batteries are the most expensive part costing in the region of £70.00 each

3 minutes ago, Drxyster said:

Edited by Drxyster

And the batteries are neither reliable or have a long usage periods before requiring re-charging which I am regretfully finding out.

+ve, very light and maneuverable machine, great result regarding cutting

-ve, poor battery life both in terms of the battery itself and usage period before requiring re-charging, poor height selector mechanism, quite flimsy, grass collection box too small for machine's capability

so it has it good and bad points

Edited by jazzer

On 24/07/2023 at 20:13, Drxyster said:

Hi Nivag,

Thanks for the info, but as I do not have any transport, I would need the mower collected and delivered, think this would be very expensive.

If you are close to D. Village and I'm passing , I will come round with my toolbox and give it a quick check out. It won't cost you anything.

• Like 1

Delighted to say that Vladi, called at home last Saturday afternoon, 29/07/23.

He brought his tool kit and in about 30 minutes, Lawn Mower working like a dream.

I proceeded to cut the grass, about  200 square meters, took me about fifty minutes, worked perfectly.

Very many thanks Vladi, much appreciated.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great help from Vladi, who fixed the Mower three weeks ago.

Used Lawn Mower last Thursday not having been used for three weeks, two pulls on the starter cord and fired into action. Grass cut , thanks again Vladi.

Edited by Drxyster
Update
  • Like 1