7plus, 11plus, 13 Plus and Secondary School (Maths and Economics) Tutor

image.thumb.png.ea207e77387ec08c3c7df92572ad5346.png

I am a qualified teacher with 10 years plus of teaching experience across all key stages from KS1 to KS5 and beyond. I am trained to deliver to a broad spectrum of learning styles including neurodiverse learning (ADHD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, etc). 

I have trained teachers and moderated on exam boards. I have set up and run maths/science circles for developing, and excelling students. I have tutored for 7 plus, 11 plus, 13 plus, GCSES and A levels with many of my former students being offered places at a range of independent/grammar schools and universities.   

I have recently taken up a new position as Head of College, for a small music sixth form. Whilst I am thoroughly enjoying this new phase of my career, my role does not include much teaching. It is for this reason I have decided to take up more tutoring.  I am currently tutoring two students; one 11plus, the other KS3 maths and English.

There is nothing more rewarding than building the confidence of a young person and watching them blossom in their learning. The reward being the ongoing observation of them evolving into a young person that is receptive to learning and in turn excels. This is what I have developed over my years in education. I am able to elicit confidence and clearly identify and measure ongoing progress whilst tutoring the young person.

In the first instance my approach is to teach and observe how the young person responds to what it is being taught as well as how it is being taught. Each young person is unique; I make my delivery all about how the young person accesses the learning. I use a wide range of resources so that the young person engages with the learning. Most importantly I develop confidence over a period of time, so the young person feels empowered to take up the reins of their own learning and embraces mistake making as a crucial part of their learning journey. 

I am really excited about working with your child and being a part of their learning journey.  

My contact details are above - I look forward to hearing from you.

Archived