The Lordship Pub - beer garden open

I really like this pub but it's a bit hit and miss at the weekends whether it will be open or not as they are regularly closed for weddings and they don't seem to warn in advance on their website.

So I often end up somewhere else on Saturdays just to avoid the disappointment of not being allowed in!!

Not a great place. Always seems to have private events thus barring the general public from the establishment when convenient for the owners. I agree with the previous post that the walled garden is nice. Spacious, well planted and a sun trap with a charcoal barbecue. Just don't light a cigarette! while you enjoy your £6.00 pint. If you dare you will be politely asked to go and stand 5 metres from where you are sitting to go and stand on the pavement. Bizarre. It's not a pub. It's a function room.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2023 at 02:22, cohen22 said:

Not a great place. Always seems to have private events thus barring the general public from the establishment when convenient for the owners. I agree with the previous post that the walled garden is nice. Spacious, well planted and a sun trap with a charcoal barbecue. Just don't light a cigarette! while you enjoy your £6.00 pint. If you dare you will be politely asked to go and stand 5 metres from where you are sitting to go and stand on the pavement. Bizarre. It's not a pub. It's a function room.

I think it's great they don't allow smoking in the garden.

My enjoyment of sitting  outside in pubs etc is greatly marred by smoke blowing in my face and into my lungs.

I'm an ex smoker (gave up decades ago). We are the worst moaners, apparently 🤣

But seriously, it's a big health issue. I think smoking should be banned in all public places, not just inside.

• Like 1