University Application, Interview prep, and Maths and Science Tutor

15budmat

Hello,

I am currently in the space between first and second years studying Physical Natural Sciences (Physics) at the university of Cambridge, and looking to take on tutoring roles for over the summer and beyond. Recently I was able to score a high first in my first year, earning me a scholarship. At A-level I was able to achieve 4 A*s in Further Maths, Maths, Physics and Biology. I am an experienced tutor and would love to take on more clients.

I offer;

- A-Level and GCSE tutoring for Maths and Physics. 

Past tutoring has enabled me to develop the experience required to greatly strengthen a students computational intuition and also facilitate their answering of questions to maximise marks. This includes students of a wide range of mathematical ability.

- Personal Statement and application advice

Working, through the University of Cambridge, as an academic and pastoral advisor for year 12 students has granted me experience with common issues and concerns regarding the application process. Having seen many personal statements, both good and bad, I am able to give good advice on writing style and also extra work a student may want to do in order to improve the content within.

- Oxbridge Interview preparation and mock interviews

Having sat through the interview process myself, and extensive conversation with academic tutors within the university, I am able to give students advice on how to distinguish themselves from the rest of the applications. This could include mock interviews for a variety of stem subjects, along with retrospective feedback and advice.

- NSAA and ENGAA practice and advice

The entrance exams for Natural Sciences and Engineering are incredibly tough and require large amounts of guided preparation for a good performance. However, many questions can be easily answered using repeatable techniques for strong scores. My recent experience with the NSAA, in which I scored within the top 10% of applicants, would enable me to coach prospective students to greatly improve their scores and therefore their chances of admission.

Please feel free to contact me at 07740188248, if any of these services may be of use, or even just to ask any questions,

Matthew 

Archived