Hawk Brand Vintage Folding Bike - See Pics - £25

AC1964

I bought this folding bike recently, thinking it looked quite unusual and since I live in a first floor flat with awkward rear access and limited storage, a folding bike is a much better bet than a fixed frame...

The person who sold it to me is something of a vintage bike aficionado and recently rode this 1970s(?) bike in the Tweed Run.  She had it serviced recently and despite a little bit of rust on the wheels and other chromed parts (commensurate with age) it's in pretty good condition.

However... the bike doesn't really work for me.  I'm quite a hefty bloke and the small frame would, I suspect, suit someone with a slighter build.  The bike is single speed and my fitness levels are not (yet?) at the level where I can manage without gears.

The bike has a reverse brake - i.e. pretty much fixed wheel - where the back brake is applied by pedalling backwards.  This might take a little getting used to for those who are used to the standard lever-style back brake.  (And it also means that the front brake, which is lever-operated, is on the right hand side of the handlebars and therefore in the place where one would normally find the rear brake - so again, something to get used to!)

A final thing to note.  The folding mechanism requires the loosening of a bolt to function.  The person who sold it to me said that she had never folded it as she has much better access in her property to outside space than I do... If you need to fold it for storage, then you will need to have the right size of spanner to hand.  (I've found that a 5/8" aperture from my set of spanners does the job perfectly.)

Yours for £25, cash on collection.  First come, first served!

Screenshot2023-06-18at08_01_38.thumb.png.b5ac67ac11d0f05c7359a69f423da07f.png

Archived