LTN Discussion

Administrator

1 hour ago, march46 said:

There are literally shovels in the ground, pedestrianising it yet some on here are calling for a referendum on whether it should exist. Time to admit defeat and move on?

This is now the fourth time there have been shovels in the ground...how much more money can the council waste on this folly? 

I can't wait for the grand opening...I am sure the councillors will be grandstanding their handiwork and avoiding questions about why so much has been spent on one junction.

No we need to get cars back through that junction. Even with the queues of cars it was better than the mess we have now.

Frankly I think they should remove the barrier on Gilkes too while they are at it. They could make a high capacity gyratory down Gilkes, the Calton junction, Dulwich village and East Dulwich Grove.

2 hours ago, Rockets said:

…you should probably be questioning… why people are still challenging the council over their wastage of millions of pounds of tax-payers money.

Some of us are clearly not happy to turn a blind eye to such wastage.

…But would waste more on reversing it 🤔 

Edited by Earl Aelfheah

You sound like a councillor trying to justify why they refused to make the changes when the emergency services said that the closures needed to be reopened as they were putting lives at risk. Why is it you all happily turned a blind eye to that? Do you think the emergency services were lying? Do you and the council have some ideological opposition to the emergency services or were they (and the people who needed them) just collateral damage?

At least you are acknowledging that they have wasted tax-payers money on it - one step at a time and all that!