Ladlands

Hello

I'm looking at buying a property in the Ladlands building on the Dawson Heights estate.

There's lots of talk about subsidence in the area, and I was wondering if residents have any issues with that or if underpinning has ever been done on the building.  

Any help is appreciated thank you!

1 hour ago, Monkey said:

If you haven’t seen it, this article might be of interest: https://www.dulwichsociety.com/newsletter/spring-2006/dawsons-hill-before-dawsons-heights

Honestly, I’d be more worried about having Southwark Council as your freeholder and the hefty bills they might land on you.

That's a very interesting article. Thanks for posting and thanks to James Dallaway for writing it and doing the engineering.

I was excited to see the thread Ladlands, I wrongly assumed that it was about a new Netflix series.  But instead I found out a bit more about the Dawson's Heights Estate. 

George Clarke presented an excellent documentary on local authority housing, that featured Dawson heights being a landmark (both visually and in terms of planning.  George Clarke blasts the state for shirking its housing ...https://www.channel4.com/programmes/george-clarkes-council-house-scandal/on-demand/69217-001

Sadly the attached article from the earlier email from the Dulwich Society does not present a short summary, and is just to long winded.  It also talks about the battleship design, when it is clearly two cruise liners as I can see out of my window.

• Like 1