Goose green ignorance

Who are these tutting, confrontational, inconsiderate, gasbagging, Jo Jo Maman B?b?d women? Would love to hear their version of events. Any takers?

It might go something like this: I was walking down the street just a-having a think, when a snake of a guy gave me an evil wink. . .

Oh no, that's the Time Warp. But if Louisa had jumped to the left and Phoebe-Victoria took a step to the right, it would have been sorted. :)

El Pibe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> wouldn't that have just reblocked her?

Hmm, point taken. Depends which direction they were facing. Let me review Louisa's details and work on the Time Warp solution logistics and get back to you.

Everyone should have a webcam strapped to their heads so these fascinating human interactions can be uploaded for everyone to judge in a web based kangaroo court. There could a website www.WasTheyBangOutOfOrderOrNot.com or just use YouTube for the quality abusive comments.

The webcam idea is great. I confront negative behaviour on a daily basis, and this would provide me with a sort of 'street guardian angel' role in and around ED. I've never confronted these particular buggy path hoggers before, but they are unfortunately a drop in the ocean for me, particularly on Goose Green. However, I will not be rehashing the leaflet campaign on this occasion as to tell you the truth I just can't be a$$ed.

Louisa.

Maybe a flashing light hat to warn people that the less tolerant are in the vicinity so they can dive to the floor with child, pets, shopping bags, would be a simple solution? See attached.

Not sure if there is sound tho, so you may want to adapt a siren so that blind people who are inconsiderately taking up too much of their alloted space with themselves and their labradors gently ambling along the pavement are also warned.

El Pibe Wrote:

> Can we have live feeds please?

> I have multiple screens at work,

do you work at the Peckham Multiplex? :)

I reckon I can

> squeeze in at least 20 forumites' lives per screen

> in an insectoid-compound-eye-truman-show stylee.

bet you had an ant farm as a wee lad EP

sorry El pibe, what was your point, manners surly do not belong to a particular class, are you a buggy pusher, is this why you resent buggy pushers being highlightd, or do you think yourself one of the gentry, why have you assumed pearly kings and queens are any less well mannered than anyone else, have any been blocking paths with buggies, WHY pick on pearly kings and queens, are you saying they are low class, eel eating, buggy pushing, mannerless oiks, how many do you know? I have found people, whatever their class, if indeed there is any class above Dulwichite, assume just because you walk right up to them, whilst they are chatiing and blocking the walkway with wagon trains of buggies and children, STILL have to be asked to get out of the way, when it perfectly obvious you want to pass as you either have to walk in the road or wade through muddy parks to get by, as for your rant on Tony Blair - we are out of the frying pan now.

*sighs*

reread it all.

There are nice people with buggies and selfish ones.

There are nice people with cycles and selfish ones.

There are nice people with cars and selfish ones.

There are nice people with jellied eels and selfish ones.

There are nice people with internet forum rants and ..... no scratch that last one.

Ultimately I'm saying the rant betrayeth they prejudice.

Louisa only rants about primrose hill/modern parent types, I was suggesting she might have been more tolerant/empathetic to some good old fashioned cockney sparras in her path

El Pibe Wrote:

>

> There are nice people with buggies and selfish

> ones.

> There are nice people with cycles and selfish

> ones.

> There are nice people with cars and selfish ones.

> There are nice people with jellied eels and

> selfish ones.

Abso-flippin-lutely. You come across all sorts every day, be it on Goose Green, Clapham, West End and so on. Try walking 2 paces down Rye Lane without being frustrated by people stopping & chatting, knocking into you with huge bags of shopping without a modicum of an apology or stepping into a huge gob of spit. Just deal with it and move on. It's not utopia it's South London, innit. God knows why some will insist on putting the more conspicuous residents of the SE21/22 postcode, like these 2 women, to a higher standard of expectations.

Clare11 Wrote:

> Louisa - you didn't say 'excuse me'. Then you're

> upset that all 'buggy' users aren't constantly

> aware of every other pedestrian out there.

>

> How long did they completely roadblock the path? 5

> mins? 20mins? Are they still there?

>

> You do not "trade manners and consideration for a

> buggy", you either have them to begin with or not.

>

> Many times I have gotten off a bus and walked

> because people more needy needed the space (not

> just wheelchair users either). Some people with

> buggys just blankly ignore them.

>

> And all this 'JoJo' talk really annoys me. Just

> because you have a buggy and stand around in a

> park for a few minutes chatting doesn't set you in

> a certain demographic. Anyone who is a mother

> knows how hard a job it is and it really bugs me

> people painting it as some sort of holiday.

>

> How about we stop abusing mothers with children

> and actually cut them some slack.

> Children, especially toddlers are hard to control

> in a park environment and it's not unusual for

> them to be running a muck. We're not living in

> Victorian England.

>

> If the women hadn't had buggies would you still be

> annoyed? I'm thinking you wouldn't have made it

> such an issue.

> Just like all sorts of people, with our without

> children, some are nice and some aren't.

>

> Some people say 'excuse me' and allow you to move

> out of their way, some people don't, and then go

> for a rant on here instead.

Well said.

I can understand why Louisa was peeved though.

El Pibe Wrote:

> Just for Lou

>

>

Genuinely made my day El Pibe. I just spat out a mouthful of Pinot. And that's rare.

The bourgeoise aren't all bad of course, and as this lady refused to verbally exchange with me, and can't be sure what background she may or may not have, although I did note a bugaboo and some rather expensive sunglasses despite the rain - not that I'm one to jump to conclusions of course.

Louisa.

I can undersdtand why Louisa was peeved too. The buggy owners tutted because she didn't ask them to move and would possibly have tutted if she had done so. Sometimes, you don't want to have to ask people to move, you want them to pick up on the bleedin' obvious.

The other day someone expected me to move out of the way because their dog had decided to walk in a way that made the lead span the pavement ,,I was really surprised that they expected me to step into the road so they could pass, apparently I was putting dogs life at risk when I didn't stand asside, 'can you not train your own dog to walk at heal? I asked