Is that music the Gala festival already?

Yes and that's the trade off councils have to balance as to achieve what they did for the Country Show residents local to the park had to deal with huge amounts of disruption over the course of the preceding two weekends with the Mightly Hoopla and The Cross The Tracks Festival. Friends of ours who live local to Brockwell Park said it was awful as those events are much bigger individually than Gala and PITP combined.

It's clear Southwark (with the proposal for two weekends of Gala that they were entertaining this year) are looking at the Brockwell Park model and looking at ways to replicate it.

1 hour ago, Cyclemonkey said:

We went to Lambeth Country Show this weekend just gone.

It was great as always but interesting as Lambeth Council reused a lot of the infrastructure from the festivals held in Brockwell Park in previous weekends.

The better quality was noticable in terms of toilets, washing facilities, marquees and seating areas.  The sound for various stages was also better quality.

I understand using this for free drastically reduced the cost of the Country Show for Lambeth - so a big benefit for locals.

Lambeth didn't use the existing infrastructure for free, they outsourced the show to the company behind all of the Brockwell Live events, giving them a vastly reduced budget to run the show, around £350K.  Lambeth have previously spent a lot more, but the show has always run at a loss. Its roots were to showcase Lambeth, its communities, businesses, charities etc, but it has ballooned in popularity over the last few years. When I started attending around 25 years ago, there was a very different vibe! I think it's fantastic that they still put on the event for free, but I'm not sure how sustainable this is, unless changes are made, similar to this year.