Armed police in Goodrich/Uplands Rds

Big police presence here at Goodrich School. Unmarked police vehicles, armed police, several cars with flashing lights at the mini roundabouts on Dunstans/Goodrich, Uplands/Goodrich, police van blocking traffic at Dunstans/Underhill, paramedics. I reckon an arrest is imminent. Chief inspector also here to oversee the operation. More soon.

I went passed just after 5 and could go through Goodrich Road between Uplands and Dunstans and there were many many police cars and officers including plain clothes officers. On my way back you could not go down that part not could you go up Dunstans towards the school thus I doubt the issue was on Uplands. On my way back they had been joined by an ambulance car but the paramedic was writing notes whilst chatting to an officer at the school gates.

We were around that area about that time on the open house arts crawl.

There was something going on in Dunstans Road involving a gun (or something resembling a gun), two dogs and rwo young men plus an older woman who was trying to stop whatever was happening happening. One of the young men lying on the road with a dog apparently attacking him.

Being a total coward I dragged my OH away because it all looked very heavy.

xxxx

Edit: Feel very bad now that I didn't call the police :(

All I can say is, if armed police came, my OH does not know the difference between a water pistol and a gun, which may or may not be a good thing :)) I said (shortly before retreating sharpish) he's got a gun, my OH disagreed ....

I hope if I had really thought it was a gun I would have called the police ..... but the woman seemed to live in the house, know at least one of the men, and own at least one of the dogs ....

I don't know Dunstan's Road, but it was a house on the left as you go down the hill.

Interesting how your reactions are not how you would predict (though actually I think I probably can predict mine now, having got behind my then OH when confronted with a possibly rabid dog in Nepal and retreated to the back of the bus when someone was being kicked downstairs on a 12 in Peckham. Oh yes, and there was the time I hid behind the thirteen year old son of a friend when a blazing tar barrel got a bit close in that place in Devon they think it's safe and fun to roll blazing tar barrels down very narrow streets with spectators lining the pavements).

Coward? Yep ....