Nunhead Cemetry day....any good?

Definitely worth a visit if you've not been before. There's a beautiful derelict chapel and sometimes an old time woodman turning table legs on a lathe made from a springy tree and a bit of string, or perhaps he's a ghost.

apart from, its a great place to walk around, there usually some stalls,including i think grub and beer? im sure i remember drinking something. Best bit is the creepy small crypt that they have small ordered tours of. ie can be a queue. Some interesting names down there. You get a guided tour and questions if you wanna.

The Birds of Prey are fun too - I still have a pic of me trying hard not to look panic-stricken at the Nepalese Eagle owl perched haughtily on my wrist. It's also a bit like wandering around one of the better Hammer House of Horror sets..."The Tomb of Ligeia" perhaps?

the open day is great. as well as regular very informative tours there is a bug hunt. you find your bug in a little jar then take it to these bug expert folk and they identify it and you get a certificate.

there will be other low key craft stuff for kids as well as cakes and tea stall. and the place is really beautiful