Martin Carthy and Dick Gaughan coming to East Dulwich !!

I think this counts as gossip as the tickets aren't on sale yet, so hopefully the folkies amongst you (and the forum administrator) will agree!

Martin Carthy (probably the best known name in the folk world) played the East Dulwich Tavern in the eighties. When he heard there was folk there again, he was keen to come back, but couldn't make any of our dates. Now we've got him!! 24 October is the date for your diaries :)-D I will post in the "What's on" section of the forum as soon as tickets are on sale.

AND we have Dick Gaughan on 14 November. How cool is that :)-D

Whatserface Carthy is Eliza Carthy, Martin Carthy's daughter :))

Erm, she's done quite a lot besides the Imagined Village :))

Martin is married to Norma Waterson (Eliza's mother), one of the Watersons (erm again, very famous folkie family).

Martin was a huge influence in folk music in the sixties revival and is still one of the main players on the folk scene in the UK.

The Goose can't afford Eliza, she now ony appears with her (excellent) band at ?2k plus a time :( We did try !!

:)-D

For those of you without ?2000 spare, Eliza is holding an album launch at Madame Jojo;s on 9th June. Limited tickets are available through her website www.eliza-carthy.com for ?20 including a copy of her new album "Dreams of Breathing Underwater". She'll be playing with her excellent band, plus a few others too

Well, sadly the Goose would have to charge quite a bit more than ?20 for a ticket for Eliza's band, and even then would have to sell out just to break even, if her price is still what her agent quoted me earlier this year! And that's without a free album!

So we can't compete with the album launch, sorry East Dulwich.

:-S

One day, bigger venue ...... maybe ......

Meantime, hey, come and see her Dad !!

:)-D

Just in case any readers of this section don't look at the "What's On" section, tickets for these two gigs are now on sale. Please see the "What's on" thread for further details.

Admin - sorry I know this shouldn't be in the gossip section, but tickets for these gigs will sell out very quickly, so I need to make sure everyone knows they are on sale now.

:-$