Gardening Workshops & Short Courses with London School of Horticulture

London School of Horticulture - Gardening Workshops & Short Courses in Herne Hill - spring/summer 2023

Our Spring-Summer 2023 workshops are now under way in Herne Hill.  All of the following short courses and workshops are still open for registration and we'll be adding a couple more later in the summer.

• Making the Most of Your Garden
  • Garden Design for Beginners
  • Low-maintenance Fruit & Vegetable growing
  • Bees & Pollinators in the London Garden
  • Propagating Garden Plants
  • Houseplants for Beginners (evening workshop)

Click here to check dates and enrol or click here to visit our website and find out more about these and other courses

HH spring courses poster.png

• 3 weeks later...

Still time to join our Propagating Garden Plants Workshop tomorrow. 

By growing from seed, taking cuttings and dividing existing plants you can create a garden at a fraction of the cost of buying at a garden centre.

Our Beginners Propagation Workshop will show you the tips, tricks and techniques required to fill your garden with colour and fragrance through the year.  Through a combination of demos and practice we'll show you how to do it and send you home with your new lovely new plants for your garden, balcony or windowsill!

Tomorrow (Thursday 4th May) 10.30am - 1.30pm at Rosendale Allotments, Rosendale Rd, SE21 - £45

propagating4may.thumb.png.d2629a12201c76679ae229ec86c25f5d.png

• 1 month later...

Places still available for our Making the Most of Your Garden short course starting this Thursday, continuing next Thursday.

One of our most popular short courses, looking at common issues in city gardens using the students' own gardens as case studies.

General gardening techniques, ideas and plants will be covered before students’ own gardens are viewed and discussed in more detail.

You'll go away with an understanding of some general principles and of the problems and solutions for your own space, as well as a feeling for its potential.

A classroom-based (theory) course with lots of visuals and discussion, at our lovely Rosendale Allotments classroom. 

Thursday 8th & 15th June, 10.30am - 1.30pm at Rosendale Allotments, Rosendale Rd, SE21 - £90

1.thumb.png.16cb42593b6e836bdd0a99d6a5e8af45.png

• 5 months later...

🎄 Christmas Wreath-Making Workshops with London School of Horticulture 🎄

Still a couple of last-minute places available at our Christmas Wreath-Making Workshops in Telegraph Hill (tomorrow Saturday 25th afternoon) and Herne Hill (next Thursday 30th evening or Saturday 2nd afternoon).

• Saturday 25th November, 3-6pm, Telegraph Hill Centre, Kitto Rd, SE14
  • Thursday 30th November, 6-9pm, Rosendale Allotments, SE21
  • Saturday 2nd December, 2-5pm, Rosendale Allotments Community Building, Rosendale Rd, SE21

Click here to reserve your place

HHwreaths.thumb.png.f37245e2dc023fc07ac0490c131a7918.png

Archived