The Grove Tavern (Old Harvester)

So this morning we woke up to a flurry of activity by council workers at the Old Grove Tavern. They’ve removed all the fly posters from the outside hoarding. They are jet washing the outside to remove some of the graffiti and we’re pulling up weeds in the path section. I know the local kids have moved in for the skate park but does this mean something else is happening. There isn’t anything on the council planning website. Anyone know? 

Pavement work was Virgin Media. They started work at 8pm and finished at 3:30am. So I had drilling all night. Not helpful. Someone (work men) gave The Grove a rush paint job this morning and badly covered some of the graffiti with brown paint

• 2 months later...

Hello,
I'm posting here a heads up since it sounded like you are all close to the Grove Tavern site.
Sat 8th July 2023: Noon - 6pm (free entry), there will be an Open Stage amateur music live event. Please note, the scale is smaller than the very loud 2 x past (professional) music events - I wasn't involved in either. Nevertheless, you are likely to notice of the increased noise level.

1. I obtained a Temporary Event Notice for the upcoming event from Southwark Council, and the local police is aware of the event too
2. The scale of the upcoming Open Stage is a lot smaller than the very loud 2 x past events
3. We guarantee to stop the noise by 6pm because the hire company needs to start de-rigging at 6pm sharp.

We have a smooth techno DJ to kick off, but some bands can be quite noisy 'hardcore death punk' genre, so please be warned of the non-melodious frenzied beats and deathly roars coming from the Grove on that day...

This is a free event, so you're very welcome to pop in, otherwise please accept my apologies for the more-than-usual noise level.

I'd be grateful if you could pass on the info to your neighbours. This event means a lot to the teenage DJ/bands who's been practising hard in the run-up to this event.

Kind regards,
Tilly -The Grove Skatepark support-

Edited by Matil
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

EVENT CANCELLED for Sat 8th July
Sadly, there were paperwork oversights which I couldn't make it work in time.

Luckily, the majority of equipment was cancelled in time, so no massive financial loss from this setback. We're hoping to find a licensed venue in the area for the DJ/bands to enjoy the Open Stage, nevertheless.