St John's and St Clement's Primary School Street

The signs say nothing about term time as far as I can see so yeah, the council would then stand to make money from fines related to restrictions that were put in to deal with school term-related concerns. Perhaps Southwark has a department of “and they wonder why they don’t like or trust us”? 

Edited by Nigello

Good news! I asked Southwark and this is reply

Good morning,

The restrictions are only enforced during term times. If you receive any tickets in error during the school holidays, please let us know.

Kind regards,

Tobias Allen

• 1 month later...
On 14/04/2023 at 22:48, alex_b said:

Well the TMO states term time only as does the Southwark schools streets page. I’m generally fairly down on Southwark but I doubt they’d do something so cynically unlawful. 

I agree the closures are badly placed and will trap traffic. In the consultation and directly to the highways team (copying my local councillors) I suggested bringing the closure back to the corner of Nutbrook or at least advanced warning signs further up Adys and Nutbrook. Unfortunately I was ignored. 

Just to add that fines are being implemented in the summer holidays as well, contrary to the information provided by the council earlier. Maybe it is possible to challenge them?

• Like 1