Bellenden Road laundromat

kj1994

Does anyone know how much one load costs to wash and dry at Bellenden Road laundromat, and if one load is significantly larger than a domestic washer?

My washing machine has packed in and, whilst I wait for my landlord to send an engineer, I am looking at using a local laundromat to save me from piles of dirty laundry!

From my own perspective many affordable and useful shops in "Bellenden Village" were lost a long while ago. What there is now represents want the new residents want and willing to pay for goods.

This is true of many ordinary local areas

Sad if true the laundromat might be going.

Laundrettes have been under a lot of pressure between the cheapness of domestic washing machines, COVID, rising energy prices and rising land prices. Apparently the number in the UK fell by ⅓ between 2017 and 2022.

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2022/feb/07/how-the-uks-dutiful-launderette-is-fading-under-covid-and-energy-prices

I believe it is the laundromat on lordship lane that is closing due to owner passing away.

Still interested in the comparison between a service wash (wash and dry)- £10-12 and what is costs at home

Yes I know I should be able to work it out but I am a dunce!!

Laundrette on Bellenden is not closing as far as I know. Last time I used it , a large machine, suitable for a duvet was £7.00. Smaller machines £4.50. The dryer usually costs around £2.00 to dry a full load.

I believe it is the laundromat on lordship lane that is closing due to owner passing away.

Still interested in the comparison between a service wash (wash and dry)- £10-12 and what is costs at home

Yes I know I should be able to work it out but I am a dunce!!

Is it (the Lordship Lane one) definitely closing down as I saw somewhere that it wasn’t.