Theiving cleaner in east dulwich

A word of warning. We have been contracting a bi monthly clean for our flat through www.cleanerdulwich.com . It has come to our attention tonight that we believe the cleaner has stolen a sizeable amount of money we set aside for our holiday. Nobody has accessed or has access to the property other than myself and wife (since the clean 2 days ago), the money was foolishly left in a basket type drawer that we believe she removes to clean. Do not use this service you cannot trust the staff they employ. We offered an amnesty but were met with denial as such I had to involve the authorities.

Never ceases to amaze me when someone comes on here who has been victim to some sort of crime and a load of people pile in to judge and criticise.

If something awful happened to you Dougal & Cycle, how would you feel to be trolled like this?

Mr/Mrs/Ms Administrator....I think you have to remove this thread. With all respect to the OP, there is no evidence here that the named cleaning company was involved. Circumstantial sure, but this forum can't be in the business of destroying businesses without undue care. I will be messaging you direct about this.

I agree with StraferJack and TonyQuinn. Its a bit harsh to come and judge at this early stage.

Like Cyclemonkey, I am surprised you would keep a large sum of money in the house. What would happen if there were a fire - or a burglar. You are taking a big risk by leaving such a large sum in your house.

Some commonsense is always useful.

Not only is this thread currently a libel, but its continuance 'on-line' - should there be a subsequent arrest and prosecution for any theft would be considered to breach sub judice rules. I have reported this thread for those reasons.

Is it trolling though ?

A name is given and that business has rights also.

I lost 500 once - never ever found out if it was stolen or I dropped it and it is annoying.

James Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Never ceases to amaze me when someone comes on

> here who has been victim to some sort of crime and

> a load of people pile in to judge and criticise.

>

> If something awful happened to you Dougal & Cycle,

> how would you feel to be trolled like this?

Jeremy Wrote:

> To be honest if I was in the same position as the

> OP, I'd probably draw the same conclusion. I think

> I'd probably pursue it through different channels

> though...

Yes - I could never believe I could drop 25x?20 - but no proof of anything so I took the hit :(.

A friend used to mock me that he took it .. and I even began to wonder -

that's the annoying bit - you lose trust..

Jeremy Wrote:

> To be honest if I was in the same position as the

> OP, I'd probably draw the same conclusion. I think

> I'd probably pursue it through different channels

> though...

Ditto. Just noticed polla2256 that you have posted "Do not use cleaner dulwich. We have just been robbed by a member of their staff (see my thread)." in other Forum sections. Having been in a similar position as yourself, can certainly empathise with your anger, frustration etc but perhaps tread with a bit more caution and restraint.

Dougal Mulldoon Wrote:

> Why blame this cleaning Co.? Maybe you were just

> pissed and lost it? You believe? Any evidence

Get lost troll - not helpful, given I have been on business in Europe and my wife has been working I'm pretty sure I wasn't pissed.

polla2256 Wrote:

> A word of warning. We have been contracting a bi

> monthly clean for our flat through

> www.cleanerdulwich.com . It has come to our

> attention tonight that we believe the cleaner has

> stolen a sizeable amount of money we set aside for

> our holiday. Nobody has accessed or has access to

> the property other than myself and wife (since the

> clean 2 days ago), the money was foolishly left in

> a basket type drawer that we believe she removes

> to clean. Do not use this service you cannot trust

> the staff they employ. We offered an amnesty but

> were met with denial as such I had to involve the

> authorities.

The web is actually http://www.cleanerdulwich.co.uk/ (not .com)

Cyclemonkey Wrote:

> Umm being stolen from is awful and you have my

> sympathies. But you kept a "sizeable" amount of

> money in your house? Seriously it's not that

> clever to keep large amounts of cash at home

> that's kinda what banks are for!

It was drawn for our holiday (aginast my will) as my wife is privvy to a direct no charge no commission exchange rate at work. I agree totally carrying cash these days is pointless - im generally a card all the way guy.

This allegation is only libellous if it's not true. And it's not in breach of sub judice rules either: no court case is imminent, no individual culprit is named (a company would not be charged with theft, only invidivuals), and the chance of any jurors in some future case having read this thread is nigh on zero.