Pharmacies

Can anyone recommend a pharmacy that is slightly less useless than Lloyds on North X Rd?

Lloyds Direct is fine. I get all my medication delivered straight to my door.

Very very rarely any problems and that was Royal Mail rather than Lloyds.

The "parmacy" was the product of annoyance having just made my 6th trip and still failing to get my prescription completed there. My record is 10 trips, though the GP practice was probably to blame for a couple of them. Still. exercise is good for you, they say. I'm not sure about stress and frustration.

oh thats a shame - the Lloyds on NCR is in utter chaos now - not sure what has happened but they seem unable to cope with the simplest transaction.

It's been like that since the pandemic. Constant staff shortages, the reduction in opening hours (sometimes closing at 3pm so the pharmacist can collect their kids from school) and an inability to order drugs in time despite having an electronic prescription sent to them days before.

The company itself isn't doing well and is now undergoing a strategic review of the whole business.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/lloyds-pharmacy-1-300-branches-risk-closure/#:~:text=Lloyds%20Pharmacy%20already%20announced%20the%20closure%20of%20237,following%20a%20review%20which%20blamed%20%E2%80%9Cchanging%20market%20conditions%E2%80%9D.

After years of using them, I abandoned the NCR Lloyds during the pandemic because they seemed to be in ever worsening chaos and confusion. The last time I used them, I spent 55 minutes waiting in the shop for them to make up a prescription, which they had had for 3 days. I didn't want to leave and come back because I had queued for half an hour to get in.

I've now used the Vale Pharmacy at Goose Green for about two years for my monthly prescriptions with no problems or complaints.

I still can't understand why people would go to a pharmacy and hang around while a prescription is made up, unless obviously it is urgently needed that day.

By post is so much more convenient, unless you are going in the direction of the pharmacy anyway and have other things to do while the prescription is being prepared!

I still can't understand why people would go to a pharmacy and hang around while a prescription is made up, unless obviously it is urgently needed that day.

By post is so much more convenient, unless you are going in the direction of the pharmacy anyway and have other things to do while the prescription is being prepared!

By post? - Not if you're served by the ED DO (in Peckham) - you could be waiting weeks - just because the post has most recently improved (as it has for me) that is no guarantee that the improvement will hold. I pick my meds from the Day Lewis Pharmacist in Forest Hill Road - they text me when the meds are ready and I just pick them up. Normally within 3 days (or fewer) of putting in the electronic request to the practice.

By post? - Not if you're served by the ED DO (in Peckham) - you could be waiting weeks - just because the post has most recently improved (as it has for me) that is no guarantee that the improvement will hold. I pick my meds from the Day Lewis Pharmacist in Forest Hill Road - they text me when the meds are ready and I just pick them up. Normally within 3 days (or fewer) of putting in the electronic request to the practice.

It's true that if the postal service deteriorates again Lloyds Direct wouldn't be the ideal option!

I'll cross that bridge when/if I come to it!

But Lloyds NCR is my nearest pharmacy, and to the best of my knowledge they don't text when meds are ready.

Use Krystals but since the business changed hands last year, service levels have varied, tbh a bit hit and miss. Used to be run like a well oiled machine. The ladies on the main counter are lovely to deal with, as is their post office.

Actually, the Lloyds on NCR did used to text me when my script was ready but that ceased when the staff changed during the pandemic. It was very efficient and convenient for a while: request prescription from my GP online, GP sends prescription to Lloyds, they text me that it’s ready and I would collect on the way home from work. Vale Pharmacy doesn’t text but they’ve yet to let me down.

• 3 weeks later...