Record Shop on Lordship Lane ?

Thank you to everyone who has popped in so far and also for the feedback.

The bottom line is that THE DREAM MACHINE will only succeed if people embrace it.

More stock will be arriving in the next few days/weeks so keep popping back.

There will be in-stores, plus bigger gigs in the coming months.

There will be slots available for people to come in and DJ at the shop.

There are plans for a community radio station.

There is a fanzine that needs to be created.

All proceeds will be going back into the shop to buy more stock and most importantly to get bands and artists into the area that we want to see.

Pop in anytime.

THE DREAM MACHINE

89 LORDSHIP LANE

LONDON

SE22 8EP

Hi there,

To the lovely owners of this record shop, I popped in on the Bank Holiday Monday, I got very excited and spoke about My Bloody Valentine a lot (also am very small and had very tall boyfriend in tow, if that helps you to remember me!) but I was wondering if you had an email address I could use to perhaps chat about some of the things we spoke about - the zine and potential 'studio space'? I'm an illustrator and contributing editor to a few magazines and thought perhaps we could do something creative together! My email address is: [email protected] - If I could, I would pop by to see you myself but I'm away this weekend, so please do email me!

Many Thanks,

Jenn

Went in there today, there was nothing that I wanted. Actually not quite true there were a couple of records I might have bought but they were overly scratched. But then that was why they were fifty pee. John the owner allowed me to go downstairs while he was chatting to someone on the street and then came down to say hello and assure me I could just browse to my heart's content. Chatted to him for a while and he seems a good person. It's not something he needs to make a huge profit from, and he would be content if he covers the exes. I believe him for one, and even though I don't have a record deck at present I'll be going back and if there's good stuff I'll be buying it.Spotted a chap in Somerfield with a clutch of records under his arm, Lou Reed's 'Tansformer' being the one he chose to present to the public. Bastard. Got in first.

I liked the idea of the place before I visited, I like it more now that I've been.

Just popped back in and bought a couple of CDs of independent artists I'd not heard of before and which John recommended to me. We had a nice little listen in the shop and the recommendations were great. It's lovely to be able to do that. I actually went in to buy a CD for my brother's birthday but ended up buying some for me too!

Apologies if I've got carried away with the volume.

Been away for the last couple of days as I've got loads of stuff going on.

Gladly, all music related.

Pop in and I'll tell you about it.

Also, there's going to be an official launch party on Monday 28th July with two shows.

The first show is for Under 18's.

It starts at 16:30 and continues until 18:00.

Tickets cost ?3.00

The second show is for Over 18's.

It starts at 19:00 and continues until 22:00.

Tickets cost ?6.00

The line up is :

JE SUIS ANIMAL

MARTIN CARR

LOCAL BAND TBA - SEND DEMOS TO [email protected]

I'd really love for a local school band to be the opening act.

Let me know who you think should play.

xxx

I popped in today and walked away with seven slices of house and classic disco, mostly on 12".

The disorganisation initially floored me, but is actually quite fun for browsing if you have browsing time.

John has no mobile signal and internet in that basement at present, so I'm sure he'd welcome any advice on getting comms sorted quickly and cheaply.

It's been a good day: I also acquired an Asus Eee from this forum this afternoon.

popped in today for first time. What a nice guy John is; playing some great music too. I can see myself wasting far too much time and money there while I should be working.

If anyone needs a record player by the way, I've got a spare. Needs a new stylus, hence the bargain price of ?50.