King's Coronation Street Parties in East Dulwich

CPR Dave

I’d prefer the UK to be a republic, so not interested.

However, if those who feel differently want to celebrate then it doesn’t bother me. That said, it’s 2023 not 1953 so shifting all the parked cars around here would be quite the feat!

I don't have strong feelings either way but, yes, the bias is plain for all to see, especially when we consider the rationale for extending Gala in the park to a month has been built around the narrative of the Council's really strong desire to fund free community events.

It will be fascinating to see which ' community' events they push and which not.

A generation is generally taken as 30 years. That means that on average people might expect at least 2 and possibly 3 coronations in their lifetime. This will be my second. I'm the same age (give or take) as the King so it will be a toss up whether he or I pegs out first.

Crystal Palace Road is a major through route so doubt permission would be granted tbh. We've never had a street party before.

There have been several street parties in Crystal Palace Road.

The part of the road between The Actress and what is now The Great Exhibition was closed, with no problem getting council permission.

On one occasion the CPR party combined with Ulverscroft Road.

My partner and I ran the live music for the CPR parties, and once for Ulverscroft Road.

They only stopped because some of the people involved in organising them moved out of the area, and nobody else was interested in helping.

The remaining organisers, including us, felt it was too much work for just a few people.

I don't think any of them were connected with royal events. We were conveniently out of London for those 🤣

• 1 month later...

Saturday street parties:

• Derwent Grove, East Dulwich, 12 pm – 8:30 pm (Whole road)
  • Desenfans Road, Dulwich, 8 am – 9 pm (Whole road)

Sunday street parties:

• Chesterfield Grove, East Dulwich, 10 am – 6 pm (Whole road)
  • Cornflower Terrace, East Dulwich, 12 pm – 5 pm (Whole road)
  • Crystal Palace Road, East Dulwich, 12 pm – 6 pm (Crystal Palace Road intersection with Silvester Road and Underhill Road)
  • Crystal Palace Road, East Dulwich, 11 am – 8:30 pm (From Landcroft Road to Thomson Road)
  • Dovedale Road, East Dulwich, 10:30 am – 8:30 pm (From 2A Dovedale Road to the junction with Mundania Road)
  • Druce Road, Dulwich, 9 am – 8:30 pm (Whole road)
  • Dunstans Road, East Dulwich, 9 am – 8:30 pm (Between Crebor Street and Goodrich Road)
  • Dunstan’s Grove, East Dulwich,  12 pm – 8:30 pm (Whole road) 
  • Goodrich Road, East Dulwich, 12 pm – 6 pm (From Landcroft Road to Crystal Palace Road)
  • Henslowe Road, East Dulwich, 2 pm – 8:30 pm (From 1-45 Henslowe Road)
  • Landells Road, East Dulwich, 11 am – 8 pm (Between Sylvester Road to Crystal Palace Road)
  • Pickwick Road, Dulwich, 7 am – 8:30 pm (From Dulwich Village to Turney Road)
  • St Aidans Road, East Dulwich, 12 pm – 7 pm (From the top junction with Underhill Road to the Herne Tavern)
  • Upland Road, East Dulwich, 12 pm – 8:30 pm (From 115-145 Upland Road)
Edited by Bic Basher
  • Thanks 1