Knife Crime Chuggers on Lordship Lane

The young people who sell 'charity' magazines outside Superdrug on Saturdays work for a business, not a charity.

The claim that profits go to somehow address knife crime issues is nonsense devised to pull at heart strings. If it were actually a charity they would be asking for Direct Debit sign-ups which would mean the organisation could predict its' income - like a real charity - but they don't because whoever is employing them wants cash. In return for a really poor magazine.

The kids doing the chugging are not to blame, they've been lied to, so be nice but do say "no".

do you have fact to support that? what is the business called? do you know they don't make charitable donations?

my teen was involved in a scheme like that - money went as payment to the sellers and initiatives to help teens - that was in Central.

I can ask what it was called but imagine it's the same type of thing

That they look like a charity but are in fact a business - I asked the group leader who told me that - and have read about these businesses before, after being ripped off by similar outfit up in central a few years ago.

Real charities are regulated, there are rules about where the money goes. I'm sure there are people, especially the kids, who are doing it for all the right reasons. But the point stands. They seem to be a charity but they're not.