Goose green stage / whats on?

Uncle Ben...

People call Me(Foxy) a miserable git... You outshine me every time.

I do not have any children.. but it was great to see how excited and well behaved all the kids were.

Dancing and having their faces painted.

Real shame the weather turned cold and wet.

Big Thank you to Sue & Nygel for helping to put the thing together with the music.

We do not get many community events like this. People need to make the most them.

Many people do.

Foxy.

Yeah there were lots of kids there, but I don't see why they'd bother you. As well as the childrens' stuff there were beer tents, and plenty of decent looking things to eat. The music wasn't the kind of thing I'd normally listen to, but plenty of people seemed to be enjoying it so obviously it hit the spot.

Music will always be subjective though. And those putting that together have given their free time and resources to do so......so I for one am just greatful that people are prepared to do that and be part of providing a great day out for so many people. There was always the bouncy castle if I didn't want to listen to folk music :)

The headliners were a blues band ....

ETA: We try to put on music which will appeal to as many people as possible. Clearly we can't please everybody, but we bear in mind that this is a family/community fair, and it was great to see the children dancing in front of the stage :)

To see more local talent, come along to the Crystal Palace Road Street Party on Sunday 2 June, which is part of the Big Lunch. Live music outside The Great Exhibition starts at midday and will be continuing into the evening, moving inside the pub at some point.

:)

I passed by yesterday afternoon as by chance I saw something was going on in Goose Green. I thought it really enjoyable and was impressed by the community turn out. Too bad there are people like Uncle Ben around. Perhaps he should go back to his paddy fields where he belongs.

The pubs are full of kids & prams, the shops are full of kids & prams, restaurants are full of kids & prams. Not too much to ask to get away from them once in a while esp' as so so much activity is geared up for/to them etc. Anyway, back on topic - the goose is out stage was the best this year, and the best part of the fair.

Glad you liked the Goose stage, Uncle Ben :)

We are very very grateful to all the excellent local singers and musicians who every year give up their time for free for community events like this.

And also grateful to Angela for again organising the whole Fair and co-ordinating everything so brilliantly.

Though "Best this year"? To the best of my knowledge this has been the first community event stage the Goose has run this year, unless my brain is even more addled than I thought it was, which I admit may be likely .....

Re your other point, are you seriously suggesting that in a community where there are many families with children that a community festival/fair should take place on Goose Green which excludes them??!!??!!

If you want something different, as I see it you have two options:

1. Put on a festival yourself in ED for adults only (be prepared for A LOT of unpaid work!!)

2. Go to a festival elsewhere which excludes children.

:)

Thank you for the mostly lovely comments. This event wouldn't be possible without the likes of Sue & Nygel (The Goose is Out!) who organise the music side of the Festival Fair. A big thank you to our sponsors: Daisylets, Glazer Delmar, Pickwick Estates, Push Studios, SE Magazines and The Vale Practice. Thank you to all the stallholders, volunteer stewards and my lovely friends (Ange, Philipa & Sarah) who gave up their time to help me on the day.

This event is run because I was asked to put on an event in East Dulwich as part of the Dulwich Festival. This was the 8th year the event has happened. It is a lot of hard, unpaid work but worth it when you see how many people come out and enjoy it.

The fair was fab and I'm sure Uncleben on't mind pitching in next year to arrange an adult only section, maybe an evening event? The old 'Edfest' was great prior to your recent different but excellent festival. Book readings, showcasing films, local film actors Q&A, I remember Bill Bailey in a tent doing a packed out show....

The kids should be at the main fair as most of the stallholders are aiming their wares at parents and their children and it is for the whole community. I don't hear children complaining about adults drinking beer and distracting from their festival. Also, the organisers very sensibly largely kept kids/adults activities at opposite ends of the park.

And Uncleben I've no idea how long you have lived here for but if less than 10 years you would have had a pretty good idea of what you were letting yourself in for....

Possible but presumptuous... And age? no idea but please, let people enjoy themselves without playing grumpy old man. You are possibly quite pleasant but its not coming though...

JDR I believe uncleben wrote...

UncleBen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, back on topic -

> the goose is out stage was the best this year, and

> the best part of the fair.

so perhaps you should simply back off with you're childish comments no? *sigh*