Leisure centre pool heating

Sue

Does anyone know if the swimming pool water is now heated again?

There was a fault, and last week it was cold (and the week before the pool was closed due to the fault).

I tried phoning but nobody answered.

ETA: Got through. The water is still cold. They are waiting for a part from abroad so goodness knows when it will be warm again 😭

The pool and the centre in general would benefit from a rethink on temperature. It’s very often too warm - water, poolside and entrance area - which means wasted energy, wasted money and more emissions. I agree that cooler pool water is likely uncomfortable but does it really need to be 28°C? I’d say not.

• 2 weeks later...
Just FYI Cllr King raised the issue of the Dulwich pool, showers, water temperature etc in yesterday’s audit and standards committee meeting in the context of discussing the insourcing and ensuring standards continue to be met in the remaining period before exit in June. The council officer in charge undertook to go away and look specifically at the issues around the pool.

I doubt that it is “very cold”. I expect it’s chilly but that the body very quickly heats up due to towelling and drying naturally. Overheated spaces abound in the UK; many are in properties owned or managed by public bodies. Fancy that! I don’t downplay the inconvenience or even the potential danger to a small number of individuals in theory, but it’s not healthy, economically sound or environmentally friendly to demand 27°C, pool water and similarly warm changing spaces, especially at a time like now.

• 1 month later...