Dog walker kicked dog on Champion Hill

arj

I took a video after the kick, but due to the size of the file, only screenshots could be uploaded. The street was empty, the lady had no idea I was behind her, the dog kept clawing the ground to stop, the lady eventually got annoyed, turned around and kicked the dog with her foot.

Just to be clear: It was NOT a gentle push with the foot like she tried to convince me of after the video. It also wasn't a huge hit that would have broken a bone, but it was a real kick that, as a dog owner, made me jump out of my gloves to call her out. This is NOT a dog loving, professional approach.

I do not know this person, I've seen her around a lot though, handing her business card.

She called me names, then said "I hate you" (on the video), but afterwards, I spoke with her and asked her to please never do this again. She said she was really sorry, that it wouldn't happen again and she begged to leave this behind. She said that she cares for those dogs, but she then asked me "How am I supposed to get this dog to walk, then?" Well, this is her job, she should know without kicking the dog. I hope the owner of this dog comes across those pictures: It is their right to know.

< Admin - Photos removed. You are welcome to post pictures of the dogs only to help identify the owners. If an offence has been made, please report to the RSPCA / police >

Omg!

I know this lady very well……. Always gets on the bus asking for a free ride!

She never has money to pay a fare!

She’s not a professional dog walker imo, it’s just a sideline money maker for her!

I’ve seen her around for years……. Something about her doesn’t sit right with me

I know her too - she's come up to me on several occasions with her card, hustling for business. I never liked the vibe I got from her and didn't actually believe she was a dog walker.

So many times! I stopped walking on her street, because she barges out of her house and shoves her flier at your face if she sees you walking a dog. She never even once paid any attention to my dog. She just wants the business. Everyone is saying the same thing on Nextdoor about her.

There’s a post about her on the next door site. Seems that a few people know her.

Hopefully the owners will have been informed.

Not yet :( Still waiting for the owners to come across this post (or the same one on Nextdoor). Some people are sharing on Facebook as well.

Omg!

She’s not a professional dog walker imo, it’s just a sideline money maker for her!

Omg, someone said the same thing on Nextdoor! She takes the P4 bus, and pretends she forgot her card or something. Not surprised. < admin - removed unsubstantiated comment > . We need to find the owners!

Omg!

Omg, someone said the same thing on Nextdoor! She takes the P4 bus, and pretends she forgot her card or something. Not surprised. We need to find the owners!

Can you shed any light on the post on next door.

Thread title maybe?

Date of post?

Thanks

https://nextdoor.co.uk/p/7CxMP7gq_Gzm?view=detail&init_source=search&query=Dog%20walker%20kick

Scroll down, you should be able to find it.

If it's who I think it is - the pictures are a little blurry - I believe the woman's name is Shirin.

Looking at the pictures you can see that two of the dogs' leads are twisted five odd times. No wonder they're having difficulty walking. The same two dogs look apprehensive in the pictures so I imagine that it was one of these that was witnessed being kicked.

There's a wider discussion on why people get dogs but have to use dog walkers. I grew up with dogs and when we went on our hols they went into kennels. Never had a dog in London as not the space, nor the time to walk them. I still prefer them to other pets.

And dare I say a conversation whether we should keep pets at all.

(all first world problems)

https://nextdoor.co.uk/p/7CxMP7gq_Gzm?view=detail&init_source=search&query=Dog%20walker%20kick

Scroll down, you should be able to find it.

If it's who I think it is - the pictures are a little blurry - I believe the woman's name is Shirin.

Looking at the pictures you can see that two of the dogs' leads are twisted five odd times. No wonder they're having difficulty walking. The same two dogs look apprehensive in the pictures so I imagine that it was one of these that was witnessed being kicked.

Might just be me: the nextdoor link opens but there is no way of commenting on the post.

HP

As a general rule, if your dog doesn't wag its tail when the dog-walker calls round then be very concerned, Is its ears down and is its tail between its legs?

All dogs get excited about going out for a walk. They wag their tails and show enthusiasm.

Also, if the dog walker doesnt greet the dog with a hug and a warm welcome, when collecting the dog then be Very suspicious. Dogs are social animals and they know about human behaviour.

So if they don't like the dog-walker then it becomes immediately obvious.

Have a look at these

Edited by vladi