Scarecrows?

I met the guy who was making one outside the library yesterday - it's a really interesting project - part of dulwich festival and each scarecrow is based on a dulwich historical person, Edward Alleyn, Enid Blyton, even a hermit who used to live in Dulwich woods! They are made from living willow so will grow one day - apparently this Saturday all the scarecrows will be gathered at the library to be viewed all together before their final planting. It's a lovely project for the community and schools involved - though sadly the guy said one has already been vandalised and one stolen which is crazy and will ruin enjoyment for local residents who want to look and appreciate them!

Here we go again. Middle class self congratulations. It's basically what we called as kids a 'Guy Fawkes' that you'd use to beg for cash and then burn on a bonfire November 5th, but oh now, apparently in some contemporary modern

twist it's now a scarecrow with cultural references to Dulwich. Unbelievable. Giant imaginary clap for middle class cultural originality.

Louisa.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Hi all, I teach violin, viola and piano in the Dulwich area. Currently I have some availability in the afternoon on Monday and Saturday.   I teach in a holistic approach which encompasses developing technical skills, knowledge in music theory and musicality at the same time. The learning approach for violin and viola differs from piano. The violin and viola lessons place more emphasis on the technical training due to the nature of the instruments themselves. For both instruments doing regular and effective practice is the most decisive factor in achieving an successful outcome. I have had great success with helping my students from 5 years old to adults to develop an effective practice strategy.   Experience has shown that every student develops their musical taste and skill differently, and learning is most effective when they play the music that appeal to them. This is particularly important for the younger students who often need custom-designed short musical exercises that cannot be found in the standard method book to address a particular problem that is unique to the student. Many young students can often overcome the technical challenge when the music is accompanied with colourful pictures that capture their attention. For the more advanced and musically inclined students, I encourage them to proactively look for pieces that they would like to learn, or pieces for which we can develop a learning plan to get them to the required level. I also teach violin and piano in the Park Hill School in Norbiton and therefore I am well-experienced in helping the young students to be receptive about learning music. I organize student concerts in the Dulwich area regularly, and I also organize ensemble groups in collaboration with teachers of other musical instruments to perform in these student concerts. My students have achieved excellent results in competition, successfully applied for music scholarships in second schools and obtained outstanding results in the music examinations. teaching   Please do not hesitate to book a free trial lesson with me or contact me to discuss further if you are interested. You are welcome to whatsapp or call my number at 07477633088, or email me at [email protected]. References are available when requested. I look forward to hearing from you !
    • Hello yes I am listening and many thanks for the suggestions. No the post was not a joke very far from. I have many interests but to be honest interested in talking about most things. i like current affairs, music, theatre, cricket, architecture and people mostly.    I moved yesterday and sorry for failing to respond. would like to set up a group.    best   paul
    • Bowling (Lane 7 or All star lanes), cinema trip plus food, sleepover, karaoke.  Depends what they're into.  Crystal Maze or escape room or if they're sporty there's an archery place near London Bridge / Bermondsey.   With the exception of cinema trip most of those would mean heading somewhere centrally rather than ED though. 
    • You got this. GRRRRR. Can't remember if I've posted that before, if so apologies.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In