Virgin Media down

Hi we near Dulwich hospital internet was on then on then off on monday off completely by monday evening yesterday down most day back on fully since 11.30pm last night.

and fine today....looked on web when able get on did say fault reported probably one you forumites and that being repaired.

been with Virgin since moved to East Dulwich 2008.....to start had lot issues took several months to sort out our fibre optic lines got damaged damp when installed they had to re install new cables fine since then sometimes tad slow.

but only peak times.......

usally once week on the weekend.

been very good service.......

Virgin engineer came & went this morning - couldn't fix the external tv problem. They're sending someone else out on Saturday - noone available sooner. As soon as he'd gone, the broadband went down. Just sort-of came back up now after 8 hours but is on the blink.

Engineer said he's been very busy round here. You don't say.

GoogleMe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Considering switching Broadband provider: Virgin

> make a good case, but I hear negative voices about

> their customer service and reliability.

> How about SKY or BT anyone?

We have BT, first normal broadband, now Infinity. Not the cheapest but totally reliable (one outage I can remember in 3 years, fixed in 8 hours) and customer service has been fine. Speeds are good and fairly consistent too.

Edited to say we are at the Plough end of LL, close to the exchange, which does help!

We have had all sorts of trouble with our Virgin TV service over the last few months but like many others lost Wi-Fi too for the first time till this morning (or late last night). TV still not up though.

Does anyone else have the Wi-Fi back up but not the TV? Or might it just be us (again).

Anyone done a comparison on Virgin vs BT - apparently BT fibre optic is in the area?

Also for the record -

i) am on Virgin Broadband and not had a problem for months ( SE22 area) though many previously ( see my other threads here)

ii) BT landline went on the blink ( white noise no signal) - and within a few hours BT engineer had arrived, installed new master junction and totally sorted it. I was seriously impressed

My expeirence of virgin is explained in a letter that i sent them

Sir,

I am not usually one to put ?pen to paper? however when you read my experience with Virgin Media I am sure you will agree that your company has failed to provide any reasonable expectation of service and are in breach of contract as you have repeatedly failed to deliver the service(s) that you are charging for.

In February 2012, I decided that after 7 enjoyable years with SKY that my requirement was now for faster broadband and I would change my service provider to Virgin Media, as I believed that all the service providers offered very similar packages and service. This na?ve assumption has led to a year of enduring telephone conversations, being lied to, hung up on and insulted by call centre staff and I have lost many weekends waiting in hope that a virgin service engineer will finally resolve the myriad of issues.

Since my first appointment to install 3 Tivo boxes, broadband and telephone in March 2012, I have been engulfed with issues and excuses which have included running cables to wrong rooms, no telephone service, slow internet, no internet, poor picture quality, unable to run on-demand programmes, unable to record programmes, unable to watch channels that I have subscribed to.

Disappointingly , I have had on average a phone call to or from Virgin Media every week since March 2012, this call will usual last between 40 minutes and 2 hours. I will be passed between several different departments, all promising that this will finally resolve the problems that I have been experiencing.

I have confirmed with your call centre that I am currently on my 20th service engineer visit and an additional 7 times when engineers were arranged but failed to arrive after we sacrificed a full day waiting in.

After 14 months I am now being told that the engineers have completed a range of testing at the exchange and now understand the problem has been 2 fold. Firstly, when installing the system the cable connection to the property was incorrect and the cable used could not cope with the number of devices that were connected, this is due to be replaced to an RG11 cable and secondly there is apparently a damaged cable somewhere in the street and it will be necessary to excavate the road to replace the cable.

Although I am relieved that this will soon be resolved, I am at a loss to understand how a simple installation can be complicated and with so many errors, how a call-centre can be both dismissive and unable to coordinate with your service engineers and why I am expected to continue to pay for services that I don?t receive and that I will be credited the money back to my account when the service is fixed (and therefore imprisoning me into a long term contract). Although I have already had some refunds I believe that I am entitled to a full refund as the system was installed incorrectly and I have been unable to receive the full service. Additionally, I feel that I should be compensated for the number of telephone calls that I have had to make to Virgin Media and for the number of lost days waiting in for engineers.

I would be grateful for your immediate attention to this letter.

After failing to turn up to their next appointment, I dropped Virgin media and I would reccomend that anyone thinking of using their services to think again.

Sazzle30, yes.

stecoward101, we seem to have had the same diagnosis re: the street box, installation etc. Where abouts are you? Our umpteenth Virgin engineer is about to arrive - tv still crap with freezing channels, pixalation etc at best, and internet down for most of yesterday, and this morning. Phoneline was also down for 2 days about 2 weeks ago so we had nothing.

A result. Well done. So far, they seem to be the best of a dreadful bunch. Got to say, the engineers are always very obliging and seem to mess about & 'fix' something but it's never right and there's always a new problem & theory - cables, the street boxes, rats chewing cables in the street boxes, roadworks damaging cables, amplifiers, and on and on. Ho hum.

• 2 weeks later...

Our's now fine

don't have their pricy tv service but neighbour does there's is fine.

shame so many problem's this was our 1 st issue in 5 year's being here.main issue for us was a bad installation to start with and getting them send right people out replace those cables.

other than that been very good,phone service very good,internet fast our's upped to 60 after being with them while.

plus money back any time lengthy loss service,new modem given when thought to be issue.

guess we all vary by sound's of it do think they need upp there game.but we decided stay with them as get such fast speed on wii fi.

They always's been helpful when husband rang them to start with wasn';t but after been with them while better.

did find phone staff need be more knowledgeable.

husband often said he knew more than them.

countrlass22

Our Virgin Media service (tv and broadband) has been out of action since Midday. When I phoned their customer service team I was told no one else in the area had reported a problem and as a result that this would be treated as a minor fault until more people called up to notify them of a similar problem in the area. Minor faults have will apparently dealt with within 48hrs. Sigh.

My Virgin TV service has packed up. Picture frozen, pixilation. Very helpful customer service lady but still none the wiser as to what the problem is. Not happy to be missing the start of the Tour de France or the tennis but worse things happen....