election?

pk

are we allowed to talk about the forthcoming election of mayor of the city we live in (even if it's not strictly ED - there are location elections too)?

it seems odd to me that there's not been any discussion of this

to kick things off:

i'll be voting for ken, he's the only one with anything close to the experience required and any idea of what the job actually involves. a change for the sake of it could be a change for the worse

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You're not observant and by your logic we've got

> Ken forever....not sure if you should have the

> vote in all honesty

that's not the logical conclusion at all

but as you've observed this topic is being discussed elsewhere so i won't go on here

know what you mean PGC - but how interested are thieves in voting - most regular citizens don't seem that bothered if turn-outs are anything to go by

Plus when the "real" person turned up to vote after the thief there would be some kind of... to-do? I guess if it was the prevelant we would hear more about it

Voted at 7:15 this morning - I'm a bit worried about the state of the boiler at the church atop Barry Rd if the noise rattling through the building is anything to go by. Nice people in there tho'...

Also voted at 7.15 - only not where they said it was - which was East Dulwich Baths. Maybe it sort of was, round the corner on Crystal Palace Road, but no signs and by god I'm boring myself. Going to be writing to the Mail as Disgruntled of East Dulwich next.

But I thought rather badly organised. And it did occur to me how very easy it would be to steal someone else's vote, but your point is well made Sean, would anyone even bother? Slightly appalled by the number of my friends who aren't going to be voting.

Another early voter here. I voted about ten past seven this morning and was surprised by how many people there were at that time.

PGC I wasn't even asked for my address, just handed over my card. Did have to watch quite carefully to make sure she crossed me off and not Mr J, who has almost the same initials.

Untrained staff: didn't know their way around the electoral roll, and tried to take my three ballot papers from me to face the bar cards and put them in the ballot box for me.

Cardboard ballot box less secure than those seen in Harare. The metal ballot boxes were not worn out. Who got the contract for the cardboad ones and at what cost?

Someone, by name, is responsible for this shambles. Who is it?

The heating in Christ Church is noisy- it is the booster charge which goes like the clappers for a while.

I too voted this morning but not as early. Usually the election day staff are pretty efficient but guess they must have some new staff who are learning the ropes.

Not my idea of fun starting work at 5.45 am - my husband was on duty to open up the East Dulwich Community Centre in Darrell Road for election staff at 5.45 and will be going back there for 10 pm.

I voted around 8am this morning at dulwich library. I agree with PGC and the issue of tampering with the box - the box i put my votes in had a lid nearly coming off and wasnt at all designed with any element of security in mind :) still the nice ladies at the library gave me a croissant on the way out (with a flyer about up coming events) so i cant really complain....

Ken said himself that political leaders should be limited to 2 terms in office. I have done the honorable thing and not voted for him this time as he keeps going back on his word - or riding roughshod over what people actually ask for (congestion zone extension - no-one wanted it, total waste of time / money, consultation exercise advised against it, he did it anyway). Sorry Ken - your officially a crony now - and have become the person you so despised 8 years ago and the reason people voted for you in the first place.

Boris is also a total dickhead, and even worse - a tory..

Is there any literature online about the local candidates? Know my vote for mayor but haven't seen anything about the local elections - nothing through the door even. Need some help to make up my mind!

TJ Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Ken said himself that political leaders should be

> limited to 2 terms in office. I have done the

> honorable thing and not voted for him this time as

> he keeps going back on his word - or riding

> roughshod over what people actually ask for

> (congestion zone extension - no-one wanted it,

> total waste of time / money, consultation exercise

> advised against it, he did it anyway). Sorry Ken -

> your officially a crony now - and have become the

> person you so despised 8 years ago and the reason

> people voted for you in the first place.

> Boris is also a total dickhead, and even worse - a

> tory..

Same here!