Lost diamond pendant

jaw

I know that this is a longshot but I thought it was worth a try. This afternoon I lost the diamond/platinum pendant from my necklace. It happened somewhere between The Bishop/HSBC/Jojo Mamam/Goose Green swings/Worlingham Road. The diamond is a good size and is in a modern, round setting. It was a wedding present from my husband and has much sentimental value. There is a reward for it's safe return. Thank you.

OHMYGOD! This is simply frightful. Poor you. I hope that you have insurance.

Clearly it will be spotted and returned asap - because a diamond that size will cause people to trip over it on pavements and blind passers by with it's brilliance. I just hope that the riff raff on Goose Green will hand it over if they find it - that place is virtually Peckham afterall.

By the way dear heart - I believe that it is called a "rub over" setting (sigh) - don't you simply adore good diamonds?

dulwichmum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

I just hope that the riff

> raff on Goose Green will hand it over if they find

> it - that place is virtually Peckham afterall.

what the f**k is that even supposed to mean? Is this a piss take?

Pongo Wrote:

> what the f**k is that even supposed to mean? Is

> this a piss take?

Careful Pongo - you might get barred (and rightly so) if you're rude to DM.

I see however, (admittedly according to Wiki) that Dalmatians 'have very sensitive natures but respond favorably to calm assertive leadership by the pack leader'.

Hi Jaw

I'm afraid I haven't seen you pendant, but just wanted to say I'm really sorry and good luck with finding it.

I can imagine how you must feel, I lost one of the diamonds from my engangement ring once and was so upset. My sister very sensibly reminded me, as I sobbed on her shoulder, that however much sentimental value something has it is still just a symbol. Or as she put it "it's the ring that's broken, not the engangement!"

I found mine inside a handbag, after a very careful search, and had it reset. So, I would advise an extremely careful search of your home, with a powerful torch to highlight dark corners (you know like they do on CSI), just in case you lost it inside.

And remeber (to paraphrase my sensible sister) it's the pendant that's lost, not your marriage or the memories of your wedding day.

Oh, and to defend Pongo, I do understand DM and find her funny, but I thought her trademark satire a little insensitive on this thread which is, after all, about someone losing something precious to them.

ps. In case you're wondering, I do realise that my posts read a bit like I'm one of the people DM is parodying (and see the irony in that), but I'm not honestly!

Have you checked with the police to see if it was handed in.

It also may be worth putting up a couple of posters in the area on the chance that if someone picked it up they'll see the poster.

It's the sort of thing a small child could spot and pick up.

dulwichmum Wrote:

> Is Goose Green SE15?

No - entirely within SE22. The first roads in SE15 are Ondine and Adys - but only the bit beyond St John's Vicarage.

Not sure it helps with the pendant though. Good advice from Asset I'm sure.

Asset Wrote:

> personally I don't see that being rude to DM

> should mean a barring, even if you don't realise

> she is a parody.

is she? Apologies, I'm new to this place and it just wasn't quite funny enough...

Pongo Wrote:

> > she is a parody.

>

> is she? Apologies, I'm new to this place and it

> just wasn't quite funny enough...

Fair enough.

I reckon it wasn't funny at all if you didn't clock that it was tongue in cheek - which itself illustrates a fundamental issue with non-verbal communication. But any levity is inappropriate on this thread due to the serious subject matter.

Edit - spelling, typos etc