Copper Beech Hedge - NOW GONE

GandB

We've had to remove our copper beech hedge, which was planted about 5 years ago. 30 plants in total, each about 1.5 metres high. It has been very happy here, but recently had to be removed to make room. These plants created a 6 metre wide hedge for us, when planted in two rows. In a single row you could create a 10-12 metre hedge.

We've dug up each plant and each one is currently heeled back down into the ground, where they have been for a couple of weeks so have had plenty of water. I think they will all survive, though of course a couple might not make it.

They are FREE to a loving home but probably all need to go together.

Collection only from SE22. Get yourself a ready made hedge!

Hi, I’m interested!

Odd question perhaps, what is the depth of them currently? I’m thinking they would be great to replace an old fence at the front of the house…

Could you send a photo? As they would be planted in a planter so trying to get a sense of scale.

Would love to give them a home if it works

Thanks

quote=GandB post_id=2299053 time=1668163671 user_id=39221]

We've had to remove our copper beech hedge, which was planted about 5 years ago. 30 plants in total, each about 1.5 metres high. It has been very happy here, but recently had to be removed to make room. These plants created a 6 metre wide hedge for us, when planted in two rows. In a single row you could create a 10-12 metre hedge.

We've dug up each plant and each one is currently heeled back down into the ground, where they have been for a couple of weeks so have had plenty of water. I think they will all survive, though of course a couple might not make it.

They are FREE to a loving home but probably all need to go together.

Collection only from SE22. Get yourself a ready made hedge!

I don't have a photo of them as a hedge I'm afraid (never took one!) and a photo of them as they are now wouldn't give you much of idea of their ultimate size. However these plants are established - they are 8 years old - so unlikely to be suitable for a container. Thanks very much!

Archived