THEATRE TICKETS

Take Note

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• Carpets add both heat and noise insulation, my brother's house in the States was wooden framed with bare floorboards, the whole house squeaked.  And have you lived in a flat with the upstairs having bare floorboards, where you hear every step?  Yes you can insulate between the floors but some owners don't bother. You may also have lived in a house where they have destroyed the flooring by when central heating has been put in, rewiring, and the like and the builder has hacked them.  I've also seen more conscientious/tidier electricians and plumbers. No massive issues with bare floorboards, have some myself, but felt I had to stick up for floor coverings! Oh and for older suspended floors you need a few drafts to ventilate the under floor space, hopefully air bricks are still there.
    • I thought it was all done by computer from a central location. I have a water meter,not connected for payment, and have never seen anyone read my meter but they do send me letters saying how my water I am using.      
    • If by small you mean narrow, I don't think you will find any front loading machines less wide than the standard 60cm. You could look at top loading machines. These are about 40cm wide, but you'll need access to the top to load the washing. There aren't many for sale in the UK but Appliances Direct advise some. https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/ct/laundry/washing-machines/top-loading  
    • Thames Water management are awful but even I doubt that they're trying to boost their numbers by going around fraudulently misreading individual user's meters to overstate water consumption and chisel another £200 out of them. It's much more likely there's a leak, a cockup in data collection or a cockup in meter setup.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In