Looking for voice coaching

Lee Scoresby

Recently used a website to find a local-ish elocution teacher (Crystal Palace) - who blew me off the instant she heard what I wanted. Which didn't stop the website helping itself to a 'fee' from my account ... and again the next month - before I realised what was happening and blocked them. I won't name the site but I see extremely negative and accurate reviews online.

So: I'm looking for face-to-face (not remote) sessions absolutely to maximise the clarity of my diction, also my vocal projection. Also - tho it's a secondary consideration - to lose the vestigal accent of my long ago non-UK youth (because it's just not 'me' anymore).

Hoping there's someone who can help me.

Surprised it's not easier in a great big city like London.

Send me a PM.

Lee Scoresby

Thanx for both these suggestions.

And sorry to take so long replying.

Had simply not occurred to distinguish 'voice coaching' [good] from 'elocution' [bad?]. Not a question of 'going Prince Charles' - in fact I believe the ancient aristo's regard the Windsors as vulgar arrivistes.

Rather, a desire to remain outside the English class accent system. Albeit, according to a recent letter to The Guardian, a longtime UK resident from Australia was informed not that he was 'classless' but that Aussies 'had no class'. Ha-ha. (And not that I myself am Australian.)

As I say, this moribund vestige connects me to a long-ago faraway place to which I have no connection.

Speaking in passing, I self-identify as 'European' . . . so F**k Brexit, the self-erected Berlin Wall of our age. And despite all the self-certain chuntering of media pundits, insisting there is 'no European polis', I think very many others (especially the young) also identify this way.

Anyway, thanx again, LS.

Archived