Denmark Hill closed

se22

Denmark Hill is closed all weekend to enable a crane to be dismantled at the Salvation Army training centre.

Buses going northwards are being diverted from Lordship Lane, up East Dulwich grove, then turning right at Dulwich village, past North Dulwich station then into Herne Hill road towards King's College hospital. The same in reverse going Southwards.

It's working well at the moment but there are lots of confused people waiting about even though it's well signposted.

From https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/status/?Input=185 :

CHAMPION PARK SE5; From 06:00 Saturday 29 until 22:00 Sunday 30 October and also 06:00 Saturday 05 until 22:00 Sunday 06 November (weekends only), routes 40 176 185 484 are diverted in both directions due to Crane operation. Stops Denmark Hill Station to Ondine Road are not served. Buses diverted via Denmark Hill, Red Post Hill and East Dulwich Grove.

There are about 3 holes dug up on East Dulwich Grove and temp traffic lights...the holes have been holes for 4 days with no obvious activity at all. So now diverted traffic and buses from this road closure plus the temp lights are making life awful for residents.. not sure Southwark Council gives a flying **** about my road..but avoid if you can.

not sure Southwark Council gives a flying **** about my road..

Can I absolutely reassure you - they don't give a flying etc. about you or your road, and won't even consider doing so for the next 2 and a half years, and probably, considering their electability, not even then.

I was caught in this earlier. Nothing came up on the TFL journey planner. But my bus got to Goose Green then headed up East Dulwich Grove where it came to a halt at the roadworks. For all I know it's still there now.

Dulwich Common is at a standstill as well due to roadworks.

Genius work from our councillors.